Anyone used the HP OfficeJet K550?

Old January 2nd 06, 11:34 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Anyone used the HP OfficeJet K550?

Anyone here bought/tested one of these yet? Their latest high volume
inkjet office printer. Office supply stores don't even carry the
cartridges for it, and only Staples carries the printer itself. Rather
than the 10/11 cartridges that the HP 1100D/1200D use, it has a new
number, 88, for all colors. It seems to be an entirely new printer
with a new print mechanism. There are apparently two versions of the
ink, low capacity and high capacity. The high capacity ones are much
smaller than the 10/11 cartridges: 58.9ml for the black (10 has 69 ml)
and 17.1 ml for the color (11 has 28 ml); However, the photo on the
box shows that the printer has very tiny margins, while the 1100/1200
have huge ones, which has limited what I can print. The 88 carts are
also Vivera ink, rather than the 'regular' ink.

I have yet to find the high capacity carts anywhere, and only Office
Depot carries the low ones. My 1100D is wearing out after only a year
of use (many paper jams, and for some strange reason, for certain
colors the Yellow printhead goes severely out of alignment. It's not a
leak, it looks like a Photoshop drop shadow), so I'm considering
claiming the extended warranty on it if the paper jams get worse, and
getting the K550. Rather wary of buying a printer that the cartridges
aren't even in circulation for yet.

---

http://www.FenrirOnline.com

Computer services, custom metal etching,
arts, crafts, and much more.
Old January 3rd 06, 12:30 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 23:34:33 GMT, (Fenrir
Enterprises) wrote:

Nevermind. I finally found the specs on HP's website (rather well
hidden) and the sides are .13", but the bottom margin is .65". That's
bigger than the 1100D. Why on earth can't they make these printers
withi a .13 margin on all /four/ sides? Having such a large bottom
margin makes the printers useless for brochure printing.

---