IE8 vs. NORTON PHISHING FILTER

Old June 28th 09, 05:55 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Scotty Silton

Default IE8 vs. NORTON PHISHING FILTER

I just installed IE8 and now every time I start IE8 it shuts off the Norton
Phishing Filter, although the task bar in IE8 says that it is still active.
I know there is a conflict between the Smart Filter in IE8 and the Phishing
filter in Norton.

Any way around this?

Thanks.

--

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

Old June 28th 09, 07:47 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Singapore Computer Service[_2_]

Hello,

From
http://community.norton.com/norton/b...ssage.id=51631

***

Here's a fix:

Make sure the Smart Screen Filter is set to Off.

Open the main screen for NIS2009 and run a One Click Support session. Click
on Help & Support One Click Support. The session will scan your system
and fix the internal settings for the Antiphishing component.

***

___
Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
"Scotty Silton" wrote in message
news
I just installed IE8 and now every time I start IE8 it shuts off the Norton
Phishing Filter, although the task bar in IE8 says that it is still active.
I know there is a conflict between the Smart Filter in IE8 and the Phishing
filter in Norton.

Any way around this?

Thanks.

--

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
Dr. Seuss

Aria email account getting phishing spam.. lordy UK Computer Vendors 2 January 23rd 07 03:42 PM
usb filter jie Homebuilt PC's 11 August 16th 06 12:10 PM
Phishing Vince McGowan Dell Computers 0 June 15th 04 03:29 PM
Coffee Filter = Dust Filter ? Daniel P Overclocking AMD Processors 10 May 13th 04 03:02 AM
Cheapest place for Norton Antivirus and Norton Personal Firewall? Mike UK Computer Vendors 7 January 10th 04 05:33 PM