Packard Bell riser card on eBay

Old March 26th 08, 10:39 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Default Packard Bell riser card on eBay

Hi Gang !

I read recently that someone is *still* looking for a PB riser card. I see
these on eBay from time to time, and will continue posting them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Riser-Board-Rise...QQcmdZViewItem

bob

--
boBWatts®©
EartH

Old March 26th 08, 10:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
mc

thanks bob, this is the one I need....i'm a bit concerned about using
paypal though after what happened to my friends....
mc

Old March 26th 08, 11:16 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
philo

"mc" wrote in message
thanks bob, this is the one I need....i'm a bit concerned about using
paypal though after what happened to my friends....
mc
"Robert E. Watts" wrote in message
Hi Gang !

I read recently that someone is *still* looking for a PB riser card. I

see
these on eBay from time to time, and will continue posting them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Riser-Board-Rise...QQcmdZViewItem

bob

I've never had a problem with Pay Pal...
but if the deal does not go through...post back.

If you still need a riser card I can go up in my attic and have a look.
I may have a few.

Old March 26th 08, 11:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Hi mc

"mc" wrote in message
thanks bob, this is the one I need....

No problem.
I quit posting these, 'cause I thought you already had one.

i'm a bit concerned about using
paypal though after what happened to my friends....
mc

Don't know what happened to your friends, but Paypal *is* your safest bet.
And about the only payment method where you can do "something" if anything
goes wrong.

bob

Old March 27th 08, 01:01 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
AWM

Don't know what happened to your friends, but Paypal *is* your safest bet.
And about the only payment method where you can do "something" if anything
goes wrong.

bob

thats how I understood it also, but apparently this was an inside ID theft
issue and paypal was not very diplomatic or apologetic and another incident
wiped out a retired neighbors life savings...
mc

Old March 27th 08, 11:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
philo

"AWM" wrote in message

Don't know what happened to your friends, but Paypal *is* your safest

bet.
And about the only payment method where you can do "something" if

anything
goes wrong.

bob

thats how I understood it also, but apparently this was an inside ID

theft
issue and paypal was not very diplomatic or apologetic and another

incident
wiped out a retired neighbors life savings...
mc

HUH?

Why would anyone have their entire life savings sitting in their PayPal
account?
I am sure the person who told you that was *seriously* prevaricating.
(Unless they are like most of my friends who have a life savings of $40)

Old March 27th 08, 04:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers

This is true. When you set up a PayPal account, you have to provide bank
account and credit card number information as backup so you can pay something
that is automatically deducted like PayPal's own fees, eBay seller fees, etc.

.... Ben Myers

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:58:56 -0400, "Tom Lake" wrote:

HUH?

Why would anyone have their entire life savings sitting in their PayPal
account?

You don't have to have the money in your PayPal account for thieves to get
it.

Your PayPal account also has access to your banking information.

Tom Lake

Old March 27th 08, 07:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers

However, if some hacker cracked one or more PayPal accounts without help from
the PayPal account holder, PayPal would be on the hook, just like TJ Maxx,
Hanneford Bros, and all the brick and mortar banks who let personal data get
stolen. Methinks that the person who lost his life savings probably "helped"
the thieves by allowing some software to sneak in a grab his personal data from
his own computer. I sure would like to hear more, but from the person who lost
his "life savings". It does no good to repeat unsubstantiated urban myths
without laying out the facts... Ben

Old March 27th 08, 08:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
philo

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
However, if some hacker cracked one or more PayPal accounts without help

from
the PayPal account holder, PayPal would be on the hook, just like TJ Maxx,
Hanneford Bros, and all the brick and mortar banks who let personal data

get
stolen. Methinks that the person who lost his life savings probably

"helped"
the thieves by allowing some software to sneak in a grab his personal data

from
his own computer. I sure would like to hear more, but from the person

who lost
his "life savings". It does no good to repeat unsubstantiated urban

myths
without laying out the facts... Ben

The story sounds pretty add to me.
I usually keep nomore than $50 in my PayPal account...
and the back watches all my credit card transactions quite carefully.

The only other on-line transactions I make are with my credit card...
and my liability is minimal an unauthorized purchase would ever be made...