Wireless problems with EasyNote.

Old April 21st 08, 12:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Richy

Default Wireless problems with EasyNote.

Hi,

I am using a Packard Bell EasyNote laptop with XP. For some reason,
when I checked my Network connections (in Control Panel), the wireless
network option has disappeared.

I then checked Device Manager and it is listed as Intel Pro Wireless
2200 BG but there is a problem: This device cannot start. (Code 10).

I have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers both from Windows and
from the Intel website and re-booted to no avail.

This is what I downloaded from Intel:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/down...4/eng/10.5.3.0...

I have no idea what to do. I used the Troubleshooting tag in Device
Manager but that doesn’t help.

One suggestion was to disable wireless in the BIOS then uninstall the
drivers in Control Panel, then re-enable the BIOS and install the
drivers in Control Panel; however BIOS does not give me this option.

If I uinstall the drivers then reboot, XP automatically installs the
wireless drivers again, but you get the "exclaimation mark" indicator
in Devices that there is a problem.

Any ideas? Thanks – your help is much appreciated.
Old April 21st 08, 01:32 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Apr 20, 7:06*pm, Richy wrote:
[...]

You used this driver from PB
http://support.packardbell.com/uk/it...ppn=PB47Q03001

Did you do any updates or anything before it stopped working
Old April 21st 08, 12:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector

"Richy" wrote in message
[...]

Are you connecting through a wireless router? I have found with my Linksys
router with the Security feature that sometimes when I try to log on I get
an error message. I have found that all that is needed is to unplug the
router and then wait a few minutes and plug back in. My lap top then finds
the connection all on its own.

That would be a first step.

I hope I helped?

Elector

Old April 22nd 08, 12:16 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Richy

On Apr 21, 12:45 pm, "Elector" wrote:
"Richy" wrote in message

[...]

No. There is no router. All I am doing is making sure the wireless
button is on on the laptop. That used to work. But I don't think
that is the issue since it would not affect the drivers.
Old April 22nd 08, 12:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Richy

On Apr 21, 1:32 am, metronid wrote:
On Apr 20, 7:06 pm, Richy wrote:

[...]

You used this driver from PBhttp://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index..php?i=7044170200&ppn=PB4...

Did you do any updates or anything before it stopped working

Yes, that driver. No, I did not change anything. It just disappeared
from Networks.
Old April 22nd 08, 02:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Apr 20, 7:06 pm, Richy wrote:

[...]

from Networks.- Hide quoted text -

Look
Something did change.
It worked then it did not work

It is either hardware or software related.
If it is hardware then you are out of luck

If it is software than this group may be able to help

When you see it under device manager
Right click properties
Then details --what does it say
Do it again again and pick driver driver details-what does it say

Driver again try rolling back driver

If all else fails then you can do a complete reinstall
of OS
If this failes I can almost guarantee it is a hardware problem
Old April 22nd 08, 11:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Richy

On Apr 20, 7:06 pm, Richy wrote:

[...]

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

It also shows the MAC address as 00-00-00-00-00-00

I roll it back but it says there are no driver files that have been
backed up for this device.

Wireless Problems Mr Hao Zang General 2 August 9th 05 12:52 PM
Wireless Adapter Problems pcpilot Homebuilt PC's 2 April 4th 05 03:16 AM
EasyNote E4 Wireless Adapter Christo Packard Bell Computers 0 February 25th 05 12:55 AM
Packard Bell EasyNote E4 Series Wireless trouble Ra?l Packard Bell Computers 2 January 15th 05 05:08 PM
MS Intellimouse wireless and SP1 problems Karl General 2 December 21st 03 01:14 AM