7900GS overclocks

Old April 27th 07, 10:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
don't look[_2_]

Default 7900GS overclocks

Anyone with a Nvidia 7900GS care to share what overclock speed you run your
cards at? I have a generic 7900GS bought new off ebay that is running at an
amazing(I think?) 550mhz GPU and 1.53mhz memory. Cuoldn't believe it but no
freezes or artifacts.,temp is 45C at idle. Ran thru 3DMark and have been at
Quake4.
I was told it's an MSI card but I have doubts.

Old April 28th 07, 02:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Try the artifact scanner in ATiTool. It seems to stress cards better than
any other application. (Yes, it works with nVidia cards.)

BTW, idle temps don't mean much because the card reduces clock speed and
[more importantly] voltage in 2D.

Old April 28th 07, 09:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
don't look[_2_]

At first I wasn't sure if the overclock was accurate.I changes motherboards
and sure enough I got the same numbers.
Raised my 3dmark 03 over 20%.Not bad.Got Quake 4 looking and running really
nice.