Dabs - evil or just plain incompetent? Either way, USE SOMEONE ELSE.

Old January 12th 04, 05:13 PM
Ben Godber

Default Dabs - evil or just plain incompetent? Either way, USE SOMEONE ELSE.

A brief history of my order, followed by a long rant about customer
service and incompetent delivery firms:

1) Order placed last Monday. Courier delivery paid for.

2) Courier (Parcel Farce) turns up 2 days later - leaves a card

3) re-delivery requested same night to work address, as nearest Depot
is 25 miles away - I live on the M25, not in rural Wales. Everyone
else has a depot that I can get to without taking a day off work -
Royal Mail (who own PF) have one 2 mins away. PF can't leave it there.

4) Courier attempts redelivery to home, 2 days after redelivery to
work requested. Phoned ParcelFarce who promised to get it to my local
Post Office (the best they could do - it shuts before I finish work so
time off needed) for Monday. They can't redeliver to work, as
apparently Watford (whilst being closer to the depot than my home) is
serviced by a different depot and no vans go between them.

5) Phone Dabs to cancel my second order, as ParcelFarce are too much
like hard work. At least, try to phone - Dabs don't believe they have
a duty to speak to their customers (not existing ones anyway - they
still have sales lines, obv). Resort to emailing . I'd
cancel it on their website, but as soon as it moves into Awaiting
Picking the order is listed as complete and cannot be cancelled -
another way to minimise lost orders whilst urinating on the theory of
customer service.

6) 2nd Order is despatched 5 hours later. Why is email better than a
phone line? Because you can ignore your customer's requests much more
easily!

7) First order arrives at post office - parcel is "crushed like a
scrapyard car" according to nice lady who refused delivery. Try
phoning Dabs again (FYI their reception number is 0870 429 3100,
although they can't help). Told that no-one, not even the Customer
Service manager, physically have a phone on their desk. Repeatedly
told to email them "as we are an internet company" - only when it
comes to customer service, obviously, or Sales would run on emails
only too. Snort in disbelief and hang up. Email them again, whilst
cursing their name and resolving to see them destroyed. They are now
on my "list", along with Traffic Wardens, ParcelFarce and Hitler.

To date, I have received no emails back. They have charged me over
£150 for a product their courier couldn't competently deliver and
ended up smashing into pieces, and a second parcel which ParcelFarce
currently say "should be delivered 10/01/04". They obviously have the
optional Time Travel Unit fitted to their transits.

Dabs - you used to be good. I used to recommend you. Then you hired
ParcelFarce and turned off your phone lines. This frustrates
customers, especially when you do not reply to their emails. Being
told to email in a complaint about how your emails aren't being
answered is a policy you must have stolen from a Monty Python sketch.

Consumers - please, please, please, do not use Dabs. Do not even look
at their slightly-lower prices - by the time you've banged your head
against ParcelFarce's minions for 10 minutes you'll be wishing you
bought from somewhere that uses Royal Mail Special Delivery. If you
have a problem, they won't help you. If you want to speak to a human.
they won't let you.

And can someone, anyone PLEASE tell me how an email is more efficient
than a phone line? If Dabs answered all their emails within 0.5
seconds it would be comparable to holding a 2 way conversation.
Currently they may as well be based on Mars for all the time-delay my
attempts at conversation have suffered.

In summary - Dabs suck. Parcel Force suck. Any company who has no
respect for its customers doesn't deserve customers.

Anyone know how the DSA applies in terms of reasonable contact
information and problem resolution? Anyone at Dabs with 3 brain cells
and a Send button reading this? Anyone know the names of managers at
Dabs, or their email addresses?

Cheers
Ben
Old January 12th 04, 05:40 PM
Mike

"Ben Godber" wrote in message
om...
snip pathetic ramble

I'll keep using dabs thanks.

Old January 12th 04, 08:48 PM
Grant

"Mike" wrote in message

"Ben Godber" wrote in message
om...
snip pathetic ramble

I'll keep using dabs thanks.

Me too.

Old January 12th 04, 08:50 PM
nigel. carron

In message , Mike
writes
I'll keep using dabs thanks.

Someone has to pay for D Athertons wigs !!

Damned if its me paying the cowboys a penny!

--
njc AKA (Fastpay, Paypal & nochex e-mail)
Old January 12th 04, 08:52 PM
Iain Hallam

Ben Godber wrote:
snip...
Ouch - anyway, I stopped using Dabs when their website went through its
last (awful) redesign. I can't find what I'm looking for now that
they've rearranged alphabetical order on their menus! I recall a couple
of years ago I spent 20 minutes on hold for a Dabs customer service
agent - and even then they told me I'd get a better response via e-mail.
I'm not sure why they went downhill, actually - they were superb when I
used them 1996-2000.

- Iain.
Old January 12th 04, 09:28 PM
Mike

"nigel. carron" wrote in message
In message , Mike
writes
I'll keep using dabs thanks.

Someone has to pay for D Athertons wigs !!

Damned if its me paying the cowboys a penny!

Its all quite straight forward. everyone knows dabs order/warehouse
system is very quick cancelling is never really an option you just have
to refuse delivery or send it back.
re parcel force yep a number of times they cock it all up, im no fan of
parcel force
but i don't blame dabs for their cock up.

It makes me laugh that someone if theyd got their parcel would never have
said a
word but because they didnt on this occasion they post here warning everyone
off dabs etc, its so pathetic lol.

I have allsorts of delivery collection problems at work everyweek i dont
moan about it everyday, its just the way life is.

At the end of the day Ben will get all his money back. Dabs wont, it will
have cost them.

Old January 12th 04, 09:41 PM
Mal

"Ben Godber" wrote in message
om...
[...]

You were warned by plenty of posts in this group. If it goes well, fine. If
anything, just anything, goes wrong or you have a query you're dead in the
water.

Old January 12th 04, 09:54 PM
Mike

You were warned by plenty of posts in this group. If it goes well, fine.

If
anything, just anything, goes wrong or you have a query you're dead in the
water.

Hardly dead in the water!!. I guarantee he will get 'ALL' his money back.
You people are such drama queens

Old January 12th 04, 10:07 PM
nigel. carron

In message , Mike
writes
Hardly dead in the water!!. I guarantee he will get 'ALL' his money
back. You people are such drama queens

You'll whine like a castrated piglet when Dabs get around to stuffing
you one hard!

--
njc AKA (Fastpay, Paypal & nochex e-mail)
Old January 12th 04, 10:54 PM
PabloCreep

"Iain Hallam" wrote in message
I'm not sure why they went downhill, actually - they were superb when I
used them 1996-2000.

I've got to agree there. I ordered most of the parts for my PC there the
other year and the service was excellent. I've not ordered since (I buy
from work now) but I've got friends who have and had awful service.