Re. Asus Eee 2G surf ? battery type & life.

Old August 29th 08, 01:12 PM posted to comp.os.linux.portable,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
problems@gmail

Default Re. Asus Eee 2G surf ? battery type & life.

OP wrote:
} The Asus notebook-PC: model Eee 2G surf, at my local store
} priced equivalent to U$385, had no documentation.
}
} And the [linux] loading of Open-Office-2.0 was faster than
} my PC. So I guess it uses a fast CPU. But this means plenty
} battery power consumption ?
}
} Please tell what is the full-charged-battery-life expected to
} be. And what type of cells does it use ?

Nat ag wrote:-
Depends on the eeePC'S version. But it is not a fast CPU. 1.6 MHz
at the most. There are now eeePC's with VIA orIntel (Atom) CPU,s.
The latter should be faster.

I've read that Atom will be for less power consumption.
Which is how it aims for very portable devices.

The increased loading probably is the result of the disk type.
These computers use memory cards instead of hardware hard drives.

Bu wrote:-
] He [64]http://wiki.eeeuser.com/eee_pc_701#models
] you find an overview of all the models including battery
] type/life and processor speed.
] The price you give is a littlebit much.
] Its a nice gadget. But keep in mind the screen is small.

OK thanks.
Some site writes about a 'small silent fan'; which is absurd.
Even the mention of legs/spacers to allow air circulation
shows that the CPU is inappropriate for pocket-size.
Intel is based on the US model of brute-force & ignorance.
But they seem to be chasing the low-power-consumption
devices now.

I can't quiet understand how applications which assume
a standard aspect-ratio display would handle the eeePC,
unless you can flip the view up & down ?

== Chris Glur.