Reset to factory?

Old January 14th 08, 04:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
No One[_2_]

Default Reset to factory?

HI -- somehow I've messed up the toolbar color on the primary display of two
monitors. I am completely unable to find any means of restoring the
configuration to factory settings. The primary monitor is digital, the
secondary is analog. No problem there. However, any window moved to the
primary digital monitor has a tan/grayish toolbar. If you move that window
to the secondary analog monitor, it's cream, as it should be. Can someone
please advise how to undo whatever it was I changed so that both monitors
have cream color toolbars?
Thanks!
Bill in SW Florida

Old January 14th 08, 04:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Patrick Vervoorn

In article ,
No One wrote:
HI -- somehow I've messed up the toolbar color on the primary display of two
monitors. I am completely unable to find any means of restoring the
configuration to factory settings. The primary monitor is digital, the
secondary is analog. No problem there. However, any window moved to the
primary digital monitor has a tan/grayish toolbar. If you move that window
to the secondary analog monitor, it's cream, as it should be. Can someone
please advise how to undo whatever it was I changed so that both monitors
have cream color toolbars?

It would probably help if you included information regarding the brand and
type of monitor you're trying to fix?

My crystall ball isn't too clear about that at the moment.

Regards,

Patrick

Old January 14th 08, 04:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
No One[_2_]

"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote in
message l...
In article ,
No One wrote:
HI -- somehow I've messed up the toolbar color on the primary display of
two
monitors. I am completely unable to find any means of restoring the
configuration to factory settings. The primary monitor is digital, the
secondary is analog. No problem there. However, any window moved to the
primary digital monitor has a tan/grayish toolbar. If you move that
window
to the secondary analog monitor, it's cream, as it should be. Can someone
please advise how to undo whatever it was I changed so that both monitors
have cream color toolbars?

It would probably help if you included information regarding the brand and
type of monitor you're trying to fix?

My crystall ball isn't too clear about that at the moment.

Regards,

Patrick

The card is the 8300GS and both monitors are Dell E198WFP. As I said, the
secondary monitor is fine. I was messing with the game settings for Unreal
and I think I changed it somehow in nvidia control panel but can't for the
life of me find the difference. As I understand it, though, what kind of
monitor/card etc is irrelevant. Given that I'm posting in an nvidia ng, you
can assume an nvidia card. I am trying to reset the CARD to factory specs
to return the color schemes to what they were originally. What monitor
should not matter. Thanks for looking at my query though, and here's the
info if it somehow helps.

Bill

Old January 14th 08, 09:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

| The card is the 8300GS and both monitors are Dell E198WFP. As I said, the
| secondary monitor is fine. I was messing with the game settings for
Unreal
| and I think I changed it somehow in nvidia control panel but can't for the
| life of me find the difference. As I understand it, though, what kind of
| monitor/card etc is irrelevant. Given that I'm posting in an nvidia ng,
you
| can assume an nvidia card. I am trying to reset the CARD to factory specs
| to return the color schemes to what they were originally. What monitor
| should not matter. Thanks for looking at my query though, and here's the
| info if it somehow helps.
_____

Well, YOU asked the question, and as 'Patrick Vervoorn' stated, we aren't
mind readers here. You will get much more apt answers if you give CLEAR,
PRECISE information about the problem. In addition to the questions
'Patrick Vervoorn' asked (and that you somehow seem to think unwarranted), I
would ask for a more clear and precise explanation of WHAT the problem is.
The answer is in the details of the PROBLEM, NOT in your level of
frustration. The problem could be as trivial as that you have set the color
temperature on one monitor differently than that of the second monitor. Or
not. Keep information close to your vest and expect a lot of guesses. Your
initial post did not even include the fact that the two monitors are
IDENTICAL, and merely shared "The primary monitor is digital, the secondary
is analog."

Phil Weldon

. ..

Old January 15th 08, 12:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
JLC

"No One" wrote in message
. ..
HI -- somehow I've messed up the toolbar color on the primary display of
two monitors. I am completely unable to find any means of restoring the
configuration to factory settings. The primary monitor is digital, the
secondary is analog. No problem there. However, any window moved to the
primary digital monitor has a tan/grayish toolbar. If you move that
window to the secondary analog monitor, it's cream, as it should be. Can
someone please advise how to undo whatever it was I changed so that both
monitors have cream color toolbars?
Thanks!
Bill in SW Florida

This problem has nothing to do with your video card. It's a software setting
that you must have changed. Resetting the card, would mean resetting the
bios, which does not control color schemes.
Open the Nvidia Control panel. Open "Adjust Desktop Color Settings" ,once
that's open, look to the right of where it says "Adjust Desktop Color
Settings" It says "Restore Defaults". I'd give that a try, and see if that
fixes your problem. JLC