Over-clocking simple question

Old September 18th 03, 02:34 AM
tim kettring

Default Over-clocking simple question

I am new to working on internet comps , but understand overclocking is
running a faster clock ( system oscilator ) whatever .

What I do not know , is how is it usually accomplished ? Modification
of the MB ? Changing a jumper ? Replacing a Modular clock unit ?
Cutting a circuit trace and installing a jumper ? Changing a crystal ?

Thanks Tim Kettring Electronics Tech 30yr mostly Aircraft navigation
radios , military nav comp support circuits , sterios , TVs , Design ,
Now attempting to be an internet comp fixer-souper-upper .
Old September 18th 03, 02:58 AM
Will Dormann

tim kettring wrote:

I am new to working on internet comps , but understand overclocking is
running a faster clock ( system oscilator ) whatever .

What I do not know , is how is it usually accomplished ? Modification
of the MB ? Changing a jumper ? Replacing a Modular clock unit ?
Cutting a circuit trace and installing a jumper ? Changing a crystal ?

Any of the above, or other methods. It all depends on the specific
model of CPU that you want to overclock.

Once you know that information, google how to do it.

-WD

Old September 19th 03, 12:53 AM
DaveW

Overclocking on modern motherboards is done by making adjustments to the
BIOS during the computer's bootup period. (Keyboard commands.)

--
DaveW

om...