Need Help - Strange Print Output HP 950 AIO

Old July 31st 07, 03:06 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Jethro

Default Need Help - Strange Print Output HP 950 AIO

My HP 950CSE (All-In-One) is suddenly printing two extra pages along
with normal printout(s), no matter the number of pages being printed.
The pages contain what looks to me like some sort of (?printing?)
script.

For example - page one starts out
errordict begin /handleerror {error begin newerror { /newerror false
....etc..........
page two starts out
xmin ymax 1.5 inch sub lineto
closepath
....etc..........
Helvetica findfont .2 inch scalefont setfont
....etc.....

I have no idea why this started. Can anyone advise how to get rid of
it?

Thanks

Jethro
Old August 1st 07, 07:43 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

This is often caused by the wrong driver being used. If you have
several printer drivers on your system for different printers, make sure
you have the right driver working for the right printer. (Make sure
your default printer is set to the printer you are using, if you are
only using one printer now).

Make sure your driver isn't set up to deliver Postscript code to the
printer.

If could also be due to corruption of the correct printer driver. That
can be due to adding a new program that damaged it, or a big program or
computer crash, or just the driver falling apart. In that case,
consider uninstalling the printer driver, and then loading the driver
again, fresh. Always check on line with the manufacturer to make sure
you are using the newest driver for your printer and Operating System.

Art

Old August 1st 07, 10:28 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Jethro

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 06:43:55 GMT, Arthur Entlich
wrote:

This is often caused by the wrong driver being used. If you have
several printer drivers on your system for different printers, make sure
you have the right driver working for the right printer. (Make sure
your default printer is set to the printer you are using, if you are
only using one printer now).

Make sure your driver isn't set up to deliver Postscript code to the
printer.

If could also be due to corruption of the correct printer driver. That
can be due to adding a new program that damaged it, or a big program or
computer crash, or just the driver falling apart. In that case,
consider uninstalling the printer driver, and then loading the driver
again, fresh. Always check on line with the manufacturer to make sure
you are using the newest driver for your printer and Operating System.

Art

Thanks Art. I think 'post scripting was the problem. I just sent
this to Paul in a.c.h:

I think you hit it on the head. I checked all the options/preferences
in the printer properties, and found that 'separator page' was checked
and showed a .exe file under windows\system32 to use for that. I
never set that, and how it became set I have no idea. But I cleared
the filename box, and so far the two garbage pages have not
re-appeared when I print.

Thanks again.

Jethro