Brother MFC 8840D - How to reset completely to factory defaults?

Old July 2nd 06, 06:39 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Steven Munlo

Default Brother MFC 8840D - How to reset completely to factory defaults?

Hi,

I want to sell my Brother MFC-8840D laser printer multifunction system.
But how do I reset the system completely? My fax numbers I called are
still inside the journal. Also my last fax page. Any ideas how to clear
the whole system settings to factory deafults? Many thanks!

Steven

Old July 2nd 06, 09:10 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Steven Munlo

Hi measekite,

do you know how to do it? It's weekend over here :-)

Steven
Old July 3rd 06, 01:48 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

Steven Munlo steve_spam@invalid wrote:
Hi,

I want to sell my Brother MFC-8840D laser printer multifunction system.
But how do I reset the system completely? My fax numbers I called are
still inside the journal. Also my last fax page. Any ideas how to clear
the whole system settings to factory deafults? Many thanks!

Steven

Steven
Press Menu,*,2,8,6,4 (must be done inside two seconds). It should say
maintenance in the display after a short delay.
press 01 (to reset the EEPROM data), then 99 (to exit maintenance mode).
This will reset the EEPROM data but I don't know whether it will clear the
journal.
Tony

Old July 5th 06, 12:07 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Steven Munlo

Tony,

do you have such a maintenance for the older MFC-9880, also?

Steven
Old July 5th 06, 10:15 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

Steven Munlo steve_spam@invalid wrote:
Tony,

do you have such a maintenance for the older MFC-9880, also?

Steven

Steven
For machines with fax
Press the Menu, *, 2, 8, 6, and 4 keys in this order. (Must be done within 2
seconds)
For machines without fax
Press the Menu, 0, 2, 8, 6, and 4 keys in this order. (Must be done within 2
seconds)
The machine beeps for approx. one second and displays "Maintenance Mode " on
the LCD,
indicating that it is placed in the initial stage of the maintenance mode, a
mode in which the
machine is ready to accept entry from the keys.
Select the mode you require (ie. 01 to reset the EEPROM)
NOTES:
• Pressing the 9 key twice in the initial stage of the maintenance mode makes
the
machine exit from the maintenance mode, restoring it to the standby state.
If you want to initialise the EEPROM (Function code: 01), however, you need to
turn
the power off after the initialization procedure without pressing the 9 key
twice.
Pressing the 9 key twice will not fully initialise the EEPROM.
• Pressing the Stop key after entering only one digit restores the machine to
the initial
stage of the maintenance mode.
• If an invalid function code is entered, the machine resumes the initial stage
of the
maintenance mode.
Tony