phone line connection-what type modem is fastest?

Old December 2nd 05, 11:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default phone line connection-what type modem is fastest?

hello all,

My brother unfortunately has only a phone line option for connecting to the internet. I am waaaaay out of the loop when it
comes to phone connections and was wondering if there is a faster way to connect than using the old school 56Kbs. modems.....

thanks,
ron

Old December 3rd 05, 12:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

DSL is a high speed phone connection, but you have to live within 15,000
feet of a telephone company repeater, AND your phone company has to offer
DSL.

--
DaveW

----------------
. ..

Old December 3rd 05, 01:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 18:18:47 -0500 If you fall from a tree,leave your
anger on the branch and then "ron" sent this :

hello all,

My brother unfortunately has only a phone line option for connecting to the internet. I am waaaaay out of the loop when it
comes to phone connections and was wondering if there is a faster way to connect than using the old school 56Kbs. modems.....

thanks,
ron

If you can get one a,"Full Hardware Modem" is the best.
http://www.modemsite.com/56k/buy.asp

HTH

If not the old PCI HCF semi-hardware modems are cheap and not
bad.Avoid"Soft" modems.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=88558
Old December 3rd 05, 02:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

ron wrote:

hello all,

My brother unfortunately has only a phone line option for connecting to the internet. I am waaaaay out of the loop when it
comes to phone connections and was wondering if there is a faster way to connect than using the old school 56Kbs. modems.....

thanks,
ron

Well, DSL but a 56k modem is it for a standard phone line.