Registry Booster for Registry Cleanup?

Old March 16th 07, 02:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Charliec

Default Registry Booster for Registry Cleanup?

Has anyone used a program called Registry Booster by Uniblue that is
supposed to scan your registry and detect error and allow you to fix
them. They have a free scan and I installed and ran it and it listed
273 errors in my registry. But to fix them you have to purchase the
program. Before purchasing, I'm trying to get some info whether this
is a good program or not. Hate to mess up my registry!

Thanks for any insights.
Charlie
Charliec
Old March 16th 07, 02:30 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Colin Wilson

http://www.ccleaner.com (Crap Cleaner) has one built in, and it's free
Old March 16th 07, 02:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Charliec

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 02:30:39 -0000, Colin Wilson o.uk wrote:

Has anyone used a program called Registry Booster by Uniblue that is
supposed to scan your registry and detect error and allow you to fix
them. They have a free scan and I installed and ran it and it listed
273 errors in my registry. But to fix them you have to purchase the
program. Before purchasing, I'm trying to get some info whether this
is a good program or not. Hate to mess up my registry!

http://www.ccleaner.com (Crap Cleaner) has one built in, and it's free

What is your experience with it? How safe is it in working with the
registry?
Charliec
Old March 16th 07, 04:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

On Mar 15, 7:03 pm, Charliec wrote:
Has anyone used a program called Registry Booster by Uniblue that is
supposed to scan your registry and detect error and allow you to fix
them. They have a free scan and I installed and ran it and it listed
273 errors in my registry. But to fix them you have to purchase the
program. Before purchasing, I'm trying to get some info whether this
is a good program or not. Hate to mess up my registry!

Thanks for any insights.
Charlie
Charliec

If it ain't broke... so called registry cleaners are 99% scam.
CCleaner is the only one consistently cited by real professionals to
do more good than harm. Even then, unless you have a noticeable
problem, leave the registry the hell alone.

Old March 16th 07, 04:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Like REALLY safe. I use it all the time on my computer and the computers of
many of my clients. I never give a second thought to its safety. Have not
tried it on a computer with Vista yet. Works just fine with XP, 2000, ME, and
98. It really keeps down the regsitry bloat. Without frequent maintenance,
the registry just grows and grows and grows. Then one way, whoops! corrupted
registry.

I've said it before and people are by now tired of hearing me say it. The
registry is Windows WEAKEST LINK. Horrifically poor design and implementation
by those wonder boys in Redmond... Ben Myers

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:51:37 -0700, Charliec
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 02:30:39 -0000, Colin Wilson o.uk wrote:

Has anyone used a program called Registry Booster by Uniblue that is
supposed to scan your registry and detect error and allow you to fix
them. They have a free scan and I installed and ran it and it listed
273 errors in my registry. But to fix them you have to purchase the
program. Before purchasing, I'm trying to get some info whether this
is a good program or not. Hate to mess up my registry!

http://www.ccleaner.com (Crap Cleaner) has one built in, and it's free

What is your experience with it? How safe is it in working with the
registry?
************************************************* *****
Charliec

Old March 16th 07, 05:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Charliec

Thanks Ben,
What are your thoughts on SpeedUpMyPC? How does it Defrag compare to
Norton Utilities' Defrag, which I currently use, but is not compatible
with Vista.

Charlie

wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 02:30:39 -0000, Colin Wilson o.uk wrote:

Has anyone used a program called Registry Booster by Uniblue that is
supposed to scan your registry and detect error and allow you to fix
them. They have a free scan and I installed and ran it and it listed
273 errors in my registry. But to fix them you have to purchase the
program. Before purchasing, I'm trying to get some info whether this
is a good program or not. Hate to mess up my registry!

http://www.ccleaner.com (Crap Cleaner) has one built in, and it's free

What is your experience with it? How safe is it in working with the
registry?
************************************************ ******
Charliec

Charliec
Old March 16th 07, 06:04 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 02:30:39 -0000, Colin Wilson o.uk wrote:

Has anyone used a program called Registry Booster by Uniblue that is
supposed to scan your registry and detect error and allow you to fix
them. They have a free scan and I installed and ran it and it listed
273 errors in my registry. But to fix them you have to purchase the
program. Before purchasing, I'm trying to get some info whether this
is a good program or not. Hate to mess up my registry!

http://www.ccleaner.com(Crap Cleaner) has one built in, and it's free

What is your experience with it? How safe is it in working with the
registry?
************************************************ ******
Charliec

Charliec

You should really stop clicking on banner ads for this stuff. Lots of
them are viruses or spyware. And many more are just plain scams, and
to not perform as advertised.

In fact, if it claims to automatically optimize or Fix your PC,
registry, or internet connection, or eliminate your traces on the
internet, assume it is a fraud. Most especially if you see it on a
banner ad.

Old March 16th 07, 12:29 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Typically, I run CCleaner after doing some significant updates to software on a
system. All those updates, whether something minor like JRE Update 9 to Update
10 or the usual umpty-seven megabytes of Windows bandaids-and-fixes, leave a lot
of useless registry entries behind.

On a related note, Mark Russinovich's PageDefrag defragments the registry, swap
file, hibernation file, and many of the other files which normal defrag won't
do. Because the Windows registry files are so volatile, they can get
fragmented, slowing down the system still further... Ben Myers

Old March 16th 07, 12:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Not to pat myself on the back or anything like that, but the information
available in this newsgroup is 1000% more reliable than banner ads, about the
same proportion as Mac OS X to Windows... Ben Myers

Old March 16th 07, 03:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:03:11 -0700, Charliec
wrote:

Has anyone used a program called Registry Booster by Uniblue that is
supposed to scan your registry and detect error and allow you to fix
them. They have a free scan and I installed and ran it and it listed
273 errors in my registry. But to fix them you have to purchase the
program. Before purchasing, I'm trying to get some info whether this
is a good program or not. Hate to mess up my registry!

Thanks for any insights.
Charlie
************************************************* *****
Charliec

Perhaps not in this newsgroup but many will swear that theirs is best
but in truth, hard to say. I've tried about 12 or so in the last 2
years (perhaps because I strive in perfection? ) and to be honest I
can't say which is best but I can say that I decided to stay with
Tuneup Utilities 2007 because it seem to consistently work well and
stable on my systems. In truth, it may be that switching back and
forth among software caused some instabilities or at least that was my
impression tho not sure why so I won't say TU 2007 is superior in this
regard but lets just say I decided I liked it enough to stay with it
over the others. It isn't free tho and I think it is Vista capable
tho I don't do Vista for now. Sorry I'm not more definitive in my
reasons for picking TU 2007 over the rest but I guess if you try a
handful of software, you will see which one works best for you. I
will say, some are more aggressive than others and actually cleaned
out my registry too well such that I had to reinstall some
applications so beware! Probably best to back up your files first!

registry cleaner Al Gateway Computers 2 February 14th 05 07:13 PM
Which registry cleaner? Brandon Homebuilt PC's 6 February 3rd 05 10:51 PM
Best Registry Cleaner? James Nipper Dell Computers 43 April 30th 04 07:42 PM
Registry Mechanic or JV 16? Louise Dell Computers 3 April 5th 04 02:54 PM
Registry!! leza Homebuilt PC's 2 July 10th 03 05:02 AM