Single Beep Error Message

Old December 7th 03, 03:10 AM
Tom Mc

Default Single Beep Error Message

Hi and thanks in advance for any help you might offer,

I have an ABIT K7 motherboard with an AMD Atlhon CPU. All has been going
well for a while now, that is until a few day ago when I started to get a
single long beep during POST. Normally a single beep mean OK but this
single beep keeps repeating itself every one or two seconds. I've checked
the ABIT site and they don't mention what this message means. I've removed
all of the cards and even reset the BIOS to the default settings, still get
the same results.

If you have any idea what may be wrong, I'd appreciate your input.

thanks
Tom

Old December 7th 03, 06:12 AM
Zotin Khuma

"Tom Mc" wrote in message ...
Hi and thanks in advance for any help you might offer,

I have an ABIT K7 motherboard with an AMD Atlhon CPU. All has been going
well for a while now, that is until a few day ago when I started to get a
single long beep during POST. Normally a single beep mean OK but this
single beep keeps repeating itself every one or two seconds. I've checked
the ABIT site and they don't mention what this message means. I've removed
all of the cards and even reset the BIOS to the default settings, still get
the same results.

If you have any idea what may be wrong, I'd appreciate your input.

thanks
Tom

I'm not familiar with the ABIT K7, but with many mobos, a single long
beep repeated regularly usually means you're having problems with your
memory. Try reseating or substituting it with a known good one.

If it does turns out to be the memory and you have more than one stick
installed, try them out one by one.

-Zotin

Farm vs Single xscript General 5 November 7th 04 12:50 AM
BXcel pc100 beep codes ./Rob & General 5 January 26th 04 10:06 PM
Maxtor HD internal beep code!?! Alceryes General 0 November 20th 03 02:17 PM
Stuff manu AVI/MPeg onto a single DVD with menu? Phrederick General 1 November 9th 03 09:15 AM
Long (2 min. beep) during normal startup (GA-8IGX) UsualNoise General 1 August 6th 03 11:50 PM