Canon S820D printing woes

Old April 2nd 04, 08:29 AM
Maywood

Default Canon S820D printing woes

I had greenish skin tones. It was a bad printhead.

"mutley" wrote in message
My Canon S820D is printing shadow areas with a lurid emerald green cast.
It's especially bad in underexposed background areas of a photo, but
foreground reddish-browns are also badly affected. The appearance is
almost
as if the 'negative' of the correct colour is being printed. Lighter
colours
and highlight areas are mostly OK, and if I wanted posterisation of the
prints I'd probably be happy. But I don't, and the Canon Europa pages only
seem to deal with obvious problems, nothing like this.

Can anyone suggest what's gone wrong? It's fairly recent and I've changed
all the ink tanks recently.

--
Any help TIA
Please reply to Newsgroup

Old April 5th 04, 08:38 AM
mutley

Thanks, I have now got the colours fixed 95% correct. The magenta tank was
empty - no warning but I'm using 3rd.party tanks which are opaque. It
appears the warning system relies on some sort of light sensor shining
through the reservoir part of the tank when it's empty. They still go on
printing for a few more days though.

I'm still getting very fine white lines across the prints though: as if one
set of jets isn't firing at all. Lots of cleaning has not fixed it.

regards,
Richard
"Maywood" wrote in message
I had greenish skin tones. It was a bad printhead.

[snip]

Old April 6th 04, 10:35 AM
stuff-it

"Maywood" wrote in message
I had greenish skin tones. It was a bad printhead.

[snip]

have you done a printhead alignment and then a nozzle test pattern?

Any breaks or missing lines in the nozzle test would tell you if
anything is clogged