Abit AV-8 skt 939

Old April 22nd 08, 09:31 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Carl

Default Abit AV-8 skt 939

Hello, I have a problem with the above board, in that my Creative X-Fi
Fatality is not recognized. Device manager states that the device is working
correctly, add/remove shows all software installed, but in sound devices in
control panel, it reports no sound playback or recording devices are
present. The Midi stuff is reported as being present and working. OS is XP
fully patched, and I have tried the card in two separate PCI slots.
Currently I am back to onboard sound on this PC, and that is working fine
with the external 5.1 system its plugged into. I also know that the X_Fi is
working as it was fine on my XP64 box. I was considering that the two PCI
slots I have tried are broken, but the usb card and network card are working
fine in the other PCI slots. I removed a TV card to try the soundcard in,
but the owner doesn't know if the TV card was working before removal. The
only other thing I can think of is maybe an IRQ conflict, but then why would
the MIDI part of the card be functioning and not the rest? Power supply
isn't a problem either, as it has a 600w and all it is powering is the
above, an athlon 3500, 2 hard drives, and an ATi X1350. So, there you are,
any tips or advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated!