Epson Stylus C84 - I would like to print black with the colour cartridges

Old January 23rd 07, 10:24 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Epson Stylus C84 - I would like to print black with the colour cartridges

I have the above mentioned printer. I virtually never use the colour
cartridges as such, but would like to put them to some good use, that
is, making them mix their colours so as to be almost black (or grey). I
remember this was doable with some old HP printers: The results were
not perfect, but suited my needs. I have been unable to configure my
printer in that manner. Does anybody have a clue how I could accomplish
it?

Many thanks
Michael

Old January 25th 07, 11:51 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

I assume you wish to print text. The problem is that Epson printers,
even when set to full color mode, will use black ink if the text color
is indeed black CMYK (0, 0, 0, 255).

The only way you can probably use the color inks up is to change the
text color somewhat, to perhaps a somewhat lighter black, or a slightly
tinted color. You will need to have the driver set up for full color
rather than black only. I do not know quite how "off-black" the color
will need to be before the driver goes from black to a combination of
colored inks.

Art