HP plotters noise levels

Old July 3rd 06, 02:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Marco De Vitis

Default HP plotters noise levels

Hello,
is anyone able to tell me how the noise levels of some HP plotters
compare? I'm having a look at features of the DesignJet 800, 4000, 4500
and 5500, but not all of them have this info in their specifications,
and moreover I've found different values on the specs reported on
websites different from the HP one.

More generally, I could ask: are noise levels still a concern in today's
plotters? Please consider that users of the plotter will work in a room
adiacent to the one where the plotter is, and an old HP 488ca plotter
currently in use is not a big problem, considering all other noises in
the environment...

Thanks.

--
Ciao,
Marco.
Old July 3rd 06, 06:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael Johnson, PE

Marco De Vitis wrote:
Hello,
is anyone able to tell me how the noise levels of some HP plotters
compare? I'm having a look at features of the DesignJet 800, 4000, 4500
and 5500, but not all of them have this info in their specifications,
and moreover I've found different values on the specs reported on
websites different from the HP one.

More generally, I could ask: are noise levels still a concern in today's
plotters? Please consider that users of the plotter will work in a room
adiacent to the one where the plotter is, and an old HP 488ca plotter
currently in use is not a big problem, considering all other noises in
the environment...

I don't think a plotter is any louder than a laser or inkjet printer.
The difference is they make that noise level for a longer time when
printing on larger format paper. I don't see noise from plotters as
being a problem nowadays. Now the old pen plotters could drive you
crazy since they were loud and could take 2-3 hours to plot one sheet.