HP Scanner makes everything yellow (HP Scanjet 2400)

Old February 24th 12, 05:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scanners
Sonnich Jensen[_2_]

Default HP Scanner makes everything yellow (HP Scanjet 2400)

Hi

Here are some pictures:
http://hot.ee/sonnich/scan1a.jpg
http://hot.ee/sonnich/scan1b.jpg

A is the original picture, 50% in order to make it fit here.
As you can see only a part of it is in the right colours.

A part of the original scan is the B - with "waves" in it, I have seen
that before and know simply to resize. But you can see the colour
difference better.

What causes the yellowness and how can I fix it?

It is a HP Scanjet 2400.

WBR
Sonnich
Old February 24th 12, 07:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scanners
isw

In article
,
Sonnich Jensen wrote:

Hi

Here are some pictures:
http://hot.ee/sonnich/scan1a.jpg
http://hot.ee/sonnich/scan1b.jpg

A is the original picture, 50% in order to make it fit here.
As you can see only a part of it is in the right colours.

A part of the original scan is the B - with "waves" in it, I have seen
that before and know simply to resize. But you can see the colour
difference better.

What causes the yellowness and how can I fix it?

It looks like the signal from the "blue" sensor is intermittent --
except for that stripe halfway down, it's not getting through. This is
probably due to a loose connector, a broken wire or failed solder joint,
but possibly something else. In any case, the break is inside the
scanner, very possibly in or around the flexible cable that connects to
the traveling scan head.

If you can get the scanner apart, a close visual inspection might
indicate how it could be fixed.

Isaac
Old February 24th 12, 07:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scanners
Sonnich Jensen[_2_]

On Feb 24, 8:08*pm, isw wrote:
In article
,
*Sonnich Jensen wrote:

[...]

I just found that. I can see that the cable i used, hence every 1,5 cm
it seems to be broken - and there truely is one broken connection.
I will try with a single wire, solder it on both ends.
But are such cables available?
Or should I take an old HD flat cable and older that on?

Sonnich
Old February 24th 12, 09:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scanners
Sonnich Jensen[_2_]

On Feb 24, 8:08*pm, isw wrote:
In article
,
*Sonnich Jensen wrote:

[...]

My scanner now has an additional wire and works well.

The wire moves behind the head, and does not get stuck. Maybe not the
best option, but it does the trick

Sonnich
Old February 24th 12, 10:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scanners
Paul

Sonnich Jensen wrote:
On Feb 24, 8:08 pm, isw wrote:
In article
,
Sonnich Jensen wrote:

[...]

The cable could be made of Kapton (Polyimide), and designed to be
flexed over and over again. You'd want to look for "flex cable",
rather than regular ribbon cable. The solid wires in regular ribbon cable
would snap after a relatively small number of flexure cycles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flexible_electronics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flexible_flat_cable

The cables can be affixed by compression. Some people at work
tried soldering to make repairs, but the results were a mess.
Those cables only work well, with their "native" attach method
(the connector provided with the cabling). Home repair is more
difficult.

http://www.molex.com/molex/products/...annel=PRODUCTS

Paul
Old February 25th 12, 12:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scanners
Sonnich Jensen[_2_]

On Feb 24, 11:02*pm, Paul wrote:
Sonnich Jensen wrote:
On Feb 24, 8:08 pm, isw wrote:
In article
,
*Sonnich Jensen wrote:

[...]

http://www.molex.com/molex/products/...onnectors&chan....

Makes me wonder do ordinary electronics shops sell those?
At some point a selection of those would meet most peoples need. I
will try the 2 local dealers (Elfa and another)

Sonnich

HP Scanner makes everything yellow Sonnich Jensen[_2_] Scanners 2 February 24th 12 09:50 PM
FA: HP Scanjet 5470c USB Scanner 2400 dpi 48 bit slide negatives lampbay Scanners 1 September 23rd 07 03:59 PM
HP Scanjet 2400 - originaly displaced drivers Hard_Error Scanners 2 August 26th 06 02:01 PM
scanner -- yellow tint Tanya Scanners 0 May 1st 05 05:14 PM
Yellow strip on a scanjet 5100c James Scanners 2 April 22nd 04 06:51 AM