port drivers

Old November 15th 04, 12:34 AM
Ray

Default port drivers

I just installed win98se on a gateway 933c. I am showing an error in device
manager. ? device that looks to be ports( com & lpt). Not positive but
that seems to be the only thing missing. I believe it needs the drivers,
but where do I find them? Found nothing mentioned at Gateway site.

Old November 15th 04, 01:18 AM
Dave C.

"Ray" wrote in message
I just installed win98se on a gateway 933c. I am showing an error in
device
manager. ? device that looks to be ports( com & lpt). Not positive but
that seems to be the only thing missing. I believe it needs the drivers,
but where do I find them? Found nothing mentioned at Gateway site.

They are part of the motherboard chipset. If you can find motherboard
chipset drivers, install those. BUT, it's possible that your ports are
turned off in BIOS, so check there first. -Dave

Old November 15th 04, 02:20 AM
David Maynard

Ray wrote:

I just installed win98se on a gateway 933c. I am showing an error in device
manager. ? device that looks to be ports( com & lpt). Not positive but
that seems to be the only thing missing. I believe it needs the drivers,
but where do I find them? Found nothing mentioned at Gateway site.

COM and LPT port drivers are native to Windows98 so the problem lies
elsewhere. Either they aren't (standard) COM/LPT ports or you have an IRQ
conflict with some other device that prevents them from initializing.

Update on Athlon 2600 Ghz discrepancy David Simmons Overclocking AMD Processors 7 August 27th 04 08:56 PM
Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
Got a bad USB port. How to fix? *Vanguard* General 5 February 21st 04 11:43 AM
which ip port ? kony General 0 December 19th 03 02:56 PM