P4C800 Deluxe overclocking

Old December 20th 03, 07:10 PM
....:::°Terrence°:::....

Default P4C800 Deluxe overclocking

Where can I find BIOS settings for overclocking?
I have P4C800 deluxe, P4 2.8c with 2x256mb 3500 corsair black 433mhz.
I'm new in this so please help.

Old December 20th 03, 07:47 PM
Skid

"....:::°Terrence°:::...." wrote in message
Where can I find BIOS settings for overclocking?
I have P4C800 deluxe, P4 2.8c with 2x256mb 3500 corsair black 433mhz.
I'm new in this so please help.

There are lots of overclocking guides online. In simplest terms, the
multiplier on your cpu is locked at 14, so raising the fsb by 1 mhz
overclocks by 14 mhz. Your ram is rated at 433 DDR, which translates into an
fasb of 217. Setting the fsb to 217x14=3.03 ghz, which should be a piece of
cake. You might get it higher, and you might or might not have to add more
voltage or relax the ram timings (CAS 2 to 2.5 or 3, etc.)

To go even higher, you'll need to change the cpu:ram ratio from 1:1 to 5:4.
At that point your cpu will be the limiting factor. At an fsb of 250, the
cpu would be hitting 3.5ghz, but the ram would actually be below spec at
200. You'd gain cpu speed but lose memory bandwidth, though you might get
some of it back with tighter timings.

There's no magic recipe. You need to try various settings, testing stability
and performance with apps like MemTest86, Prime95, Sandra Max, etc, to find
what works best for your hardware.

Old December 20th 03, 10:25 PM
....:::°Terrence°:::....

[...]

Thnx I'm really getting into this
so I put fsb : 216
dram freq : 400mhz
agp/pci freq : 66.66/33.33
CPU VCore Voltage : 1.6000V
DDR Reference Voltage : 2.65V
AGP VDDQ Voltage : 1.50V

Performance Mode : Turbo

In Chipset menu I put:
2-3-3-7 and the last one DRAM Burst Lenght I put 4 but I don't know wich is
best 4 or 8?
I'm getting pretty good results.
Do you have maybe any more sugestions? I'll be more than gratefull
Sorry about bad engl.

Old January 5th 04, 09:38 PM
VIPER

Some people managed 3.0GHz from P4 2.4C + Kingston mem.
Is this a fact or fiction
'Cause I am planning to get Asus P4C800 Deluxe + 2X512 Kingston PC
3500 with Water cooling

TIA

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 9
- Super fast binary usenet leecher for Windows
- http://www.newsleecher.com/

Old January 5th 04, 10:57 PM
Philip Callan

"VIPER" wrote in message
Some people managed 3.0GHz from P4 2.4C + Kingston mem.
Is this a fact or fiction
'Cause I am planning to get Asus P4C800 Deluxe + 2X512 Kingston PC
3500 with Water cooling

People have manages 3.0 off a 2.6c with air easily.
You could hit 3.0 with a decent HSF, if your getting watercooling, for sure
you could hit 3.
Getting PC3500 is a good step to being able to OC while maintaining a 1:1
RAM:FSB
Spend the extra couple bucks, get the P4C800-E

Philip

Old January 5th 04, 11:30 PM
ElJerid

"Philip Callan" wrote in message

"VIPER" wrote in message
Some people managed 3.0GHz from P4 2.4C + Kingston mem.
Is this a fact or fiction
'Cause I am planning to get Asus P4C800 Deluxe + 2X512 Kingston PC
3500 with Water cooling

People have manages 3.0 off a 2.6c with air easily.
You could hit 3.0 with a decent HSF, if your getting watercooling, for

sure
you could hit 3.
Getting PC3500 is a good step to being able to OC while maintaining a 1:1
RAM:FSB
Spend the extra couple bucks, get the P4C800-E

I have an Asus P4P800 mobo, with P4 2.4 GHz (800) and Corsair Twin PC3500
modules. I pushed the FSB up to 250 MHz, which makes exactly 3.0 GHz for the
CPU. Memory settings are on 5:4, cas 2.5-3-3-7. So in this case memory runs
safe at 200 MHz, as it is rated for 218 MHz.
I did not make any voltage adjustments.
Temps for the cpu are 32°C in idle mode and 44°C stressed, all with the
standard Intel boxed cooler. I've ran the PC at those speeds for 3 days,
without any problem, but then reduced the speed back to 240 MHz for safety
reasons (at least until I purchase a better cooler).
This means, if you have adequate cooling, you could easily overclock a
Pentium 4 with 25% (and even more) at relatively low risk. You should
however chek the stepping and revision of your cpu in order to have an idea
of it's overclocking ability.

Old January 6th 04, 08:05 AM
Noozer

"VIPER" wrote in message
Some people managed 3.0GHz from P4 2.4C + Kingston mem.
Is this a fact or fiction
'Cause I am planning to get Asus P4C800 Deluxe + 2X512 Kingston PC
3500 with Water cooling

I finally got my OCZ PC4200 memory today... Haven't had a lot of time to
tinker...

System is currently running:
P4 2.6Ghz 800Mhz:
- FSB @ 250Mhz = 3.35Ghz
- 1.675 volts
- Stock Intel heatsink/fan (one extra case fan)
- 32'C at idle and up to 52'C under continuous Sandra 2004 burnin

OCZ DDR533/PC4200 memory
- 1:1 ratio = 500Mhz (underclocked, I know)
- 2.5-4-4-8 timings (where should I lower this to take advantage of the
underclocking?)
- 2.75volts

ATI 9600XT AGP video
- 72.7Mhz
- 1.6volts
- PCI bus @ 36.36Mhz

Haven't had a lot of time to tinker. CPU doesn't seem stable over 250Mhz and
without a better heatsink I probably shouldn't push it harder. Should be
able to lower DDR voltage or timings a bit. I guess I could have gotten away
with DDR500/PC4000 memory with lower timings.

Comments? Suggestions?

Old January 8th 04, 09:46 PM
Dashi

"VIPER" wrote in message

You should
however chek the stepping and revision of your cpu in order to have an
idea
of it's overclocking ability.

Can you explain what to look for and what stepping and revision mean to
overclocking?

Dashi

Old January 14th 04, 05:41 PM
Just Wondering

Im running a P4 2.4 @ 3.0 stable with Kinston dual 512 rated at 433, but I
am not sure what I am getting out of them, some of oc stuff I havent figured
out yet. I think that heat is slowing me down, I am using a Vantec cooler on
my cpu and just got OZC thermal paste, so off comes the cooler, and replace
the paste hoping to coo the cpu even more. I have uped the voltage on my
cpu, but I am still at 3.0, the timimgs of the ram I have not even gigured
out yet.

Someone should create a software that would do all this.

Old January 21st 04, 07:48 PM
Noozer

"Just Wondering" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
Im running a P4 2.4 @ 3.0 stable with Kinston dual 512 rated at 433, but I
am not sure what I am getting out of them,

Sounds like you're underclocking your memory... Your 2.4 @ 3.0 means you are
running it on a 250Mhz bus. If memory speed in your BIOS is set to 266 then
you are running your memory at at DDR333 speeds (3:2 ratio). Set to 320 your
running at DDR400 speeds (5:4 ratio). If you set it to 400 then the ratio
would be 1:1 and memory would be at DDR500 speeds. You MIGHT be ablet to get
it at 1:1 depending on quality and voltage. Definately should be able to run
5:4 at stock voltages.

I feel kinda ripped off myself. I've got DDR533 memory that I'm I'm only
running at DDR494 because I can't get my CPU past 247mhz. CL2.5-4-3-7.