Newbee question - Matrox RT.X10 Suite

Old February 27th 04, 01:19 PM
Matt Verona

Default Newbee question - Matrox RT.X10 Suite

Hello,

I'm building a workstation for a customer who wants to have basic video editing
capabilities, so I recommended the Matrox RT.X10 Suite.

I would like to verify that this PC is compatible with the Matrox RT.X10
Suite.

This system runs Windows XP Professional, (SP 1) and contains the following
components:

* Tyan Trinity i875P motherboard (Model S5101ANNRF) - www.tyan.com/products/html/trinityi875p.html
* Pentium 4, 3.2Ghz, 800 Mhz FSB, 512K cache, PGA 478
* 1GB 400Mhz Corsair PC3200 DDR memory
* 3DLabs Wildcat VP560 AGP 4x video card
* One 250GB Western Digital Caviar SATA 150 hard drive
* One Pioneer DV-106 DVD-+R/W combo drive

I was reading the system requirements for the Matrox RT.X10, and it looks
like we will need to add the following to make our system compatible:

1. A 16-bit sound card (DirectSound-compatible).
2. A second hard drive for A/V content.
3. Video camera or VCR

The Tyan Trinity i875P comes with integrated audio hardware (i.e., 6-channel
AC'97audio CODEC - see spec sheet http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tr...875p_spec.html)

1. Do we still need to install a separate 16-bit sound card, or will the
built in AC'97audio CODEC hardware suffice?

2. The 3DLabs Wildcat VP560 card is not listed in your list of recommended
AGP display cards... are there any problems with using Matrox RT.X10 with
the Wildcat VP560 card?

3. Are there any known incompatibilities between the Matrox RT.X10 and the
Tyan Trinity i875P board?

4. We're considering using the Samsung LTN1785W 17" Wide HDTV Monitor with
this system (here's the product link: http://www.shentech.com/salt17inwihd.html)

Are there any incompatibilities with this monitor and Matrox RT.X10?

Thankx,

~Matt Verona
E-mail: