Problem with Powerdesk under Linux (Suse 9.0)

Old February 15th 04, 09:55 AM
Dag Schulzke

Default Problem with Powerdesk under Linux (Suse 9.0)

Hello NG,

I use a G 450 DH under Linux (Suse 9.0) but I can't start the Powerdesk. I
installed the Matrox Driver and Powerdesk without problems. If I want
start the powerdesk a window opens and show that:

'Configuration file: /etc/X11/XF86Config'

'Backup Configuration file: /etc/X11/XF86Config_MGA-BACKUP'

When I click 'OK' a new window opens which includes this text:

'ERROR: The specified file isn't valid. Please make sure the file name
refers to a valid
configuration file.'

What does that mean? I hope someone can help me. You can also answer in
german. :-)

lg
Old February 15th 04, 09:29 PM
Centurion

Dag Schulzke wrote:

Hello NG,

I use a G 450 DH under Linux (Suse 9.0) but I can't start the Powerdesk. I
installed the Matrox Driver and Powerdesk without problems. If I want
start the powerdesk a window opens and show that:

'Configuration file: /etc/X11/XF86Config'

Try using "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4" - this is standard config file for
XFree86 4.x. The one you have in your original was the config file name
used with pre-4.x versions.

'Backup Configuration file: /etc/X11/XF86Config_MGA-BACKUP'

This is a backup file - it only has to make sense to you.

Hope that helps

James
--
Fortune cookie says:
We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once.

Old February 17th 04, 05:16 PM
Dag Schulzke

Am Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:29:04 +1100 schrieb Centurion
:

Try using "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4" - this is standard config file for
XFree86 4.x. The one you have in your original was the config file name
used with pre-4.x versions.

Thanks for help but I have the same problems as before. In a few days I
will change back to Suse 8.2; it works better than 9.0 and I will see if I
can manage the problems soon.

Dag