Free h.264 decoding codec that makes use of Radeon?

Old February 8th 10, 11:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps)

Default Free h.264 decoding codec that makes use of Radeon?

Other than Cyberlink PowerDVD Deluxe and CoreAVC Professional, is there
a free h.264 codec that makes use of Radeon hardware acceleration?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.32.7
Old February 8th 10, 02:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Booty Bandit

"Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps)" wrote in
message ...

Other than Cyberlink PowerDVD Deluxe and CoreAVC Professional, is there a
free h.264 codec that makes use of Radeon hardware acceleration?

http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

free player that uses dxva acceleration of Radeon and GeForce cards. it has
its own dxva decoder.

Old February 9th 10, 02:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps)

http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

free player that uses dxva acceleration of Radeon and GeForce cards. it has
its own dxva decoder.

The reason why I am looking for a codec because it could be used by
other programs like DVB Viewer (to watch HDTV broadcast). I don't think
mpc-hc could tune to HDTV channels.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.32.7
^ ^ 10:27:01 up 9 days 18:33 3 users load average: 1.28 1.23 1.15
Old February 9th 10, 04:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gary

"Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps)" wrote in
message ...
http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

free player that uses dxva acceleration of Radeon and GeForce cards. it
has
its own dxva decoder.

The reason why I am looking for a codec because it could be used by other
programs like DVB Viewer (to watch HDTV broadcast). I don't think mpc-hc
could tune to HDTV channels.

I use Arcsoft for HDTV, which was a program freebie included with a (still)
camera I bought, but I'm not sure if it's available as a freeware CODEC.

BTW, you might want to try DVB Dream rather than DVB Viewer.

Old February 10th 10, 01:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps)

BTW, you might want to try DVB Dream rather than DVB Viewer.

The last time I tried DVB Dream, it's not ready.

(I did pay for DVBViewer Pro because of its features)

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.32.7
^ ^ 21:50:01 up 11 days 5:56 2 users load average: 1.17 1.13 1.04
Old February 10th 10, 11:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gary

"Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps)" wrote in
message ...
BTW, you might want to try DVB Dream rather than DVB Viewer.

The last time I tried DVB Dream, it's not ready.

In what way? Like most DVB software, it's not perfect, but I've found it
excellent for HD channels. I mainly use ProgDVB (free version), which again
has always been a bit buggy but on the whole pretty good.

Old February 11th 10, 10:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps)

Default [ot] Freeware HDTV program

The last time I tried DVB Dream, it's not ready.

In what way? Like most DVB software, it's not perfect, but I've found it
excellent for HD channels. I mainly use ProgDVB (free version), which again
has always been a bit buggy but on the whole pretty good.

Have you ever tried DVBViewer Pro? You should test it. I like its
networking feature the most, and it use standalone codecs to decode HDTV
signals.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.32.7
^ ^ 18:38:02 up 12 days 2:44 2 users load average: 3.60 3.48 3.08
Old February 11th 10, 11:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Gary

Have you ever tried DVBViewer Pro? You should test it. I like its
networking feature the most, and it use standalone codecs to decode HDTV
signals.

It's not free, so I'm not interested in using it. I used the Technisat
version in the past and it was so clunky I gave up with it instantly. You
can use standalone CODECs and use custom filter configurations with both
ProgDVB and DVB Dream. With the exception of the HTPC Engine features, I
believe it has no extra functionality compared to those two.

Old February 12th 10, 10:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps)

It's not free, so I'm not interested in using it. I used the Technisat
version in the past and it was so clunky I gave up with it instantly. You
can use standalone CODECs and use custom filter configurations with both
ProgDVB and DVB Dream. With the exception of the HTPC Engine features, I
believe it has no extra functionality compared to those two.

I like DVBViewer Pro a lot more..... But then, I haven't seen the latest
version of DVBDream. Later

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.32.8

Decoding MFM Ed General 7 June 16th 06 07:24 PM
Decoding MFM Ed Storage (alternative) 2 June 14th 06 01:14 PM
MFM decoding Ed Homebuilt PC's 0 June 14th 06 03:23 AM
Get FREE Laptop, FREE iPod, FREE Xbox, FREE PS2 or FREE Cell Phone [email protected] General Hardware 0 March 1st 05 09:09 PM
FREE HL2 WITH RADEON 9800 PRO PURCHASE offer Rev Ati Videocards 5 December 11th 04 01:12 PM