Need help with Awe64 in DOS CTSB16.SYS - invalid "/BLASTER=A:XXX"ARGUMENT

Old December 4th 03, 12:32 AM
Kurt Wyco

Default Need help with Awe64 in DOS CTSB16.SYS - invalid "/BLASTER=A:XXX"ARGUMENT

System is an Athlon 750 MHz, 384 megs ram, Win98

I need some help. I bought a Sound Blaster Awe64 ISA PnP card off someone for
older DOS games. Windows works fine with the card. And I was able to get the
DOS Diagnose.exe utility to play all of the test music and sounds in DOS.
Here's what happening:

CTCM.exe (creative DOS PnP manager for the soundblaster card) - loads okay
CTCU.EXE (supposed to have something to do with the setup of the PnP manager,
I believe) - gives me an error, saying the program can't be run in Win95, when
actually it is in full DOS mode (pressing F8 for command prompt bootup only. I
don't think this file is important, as long as the CTCM.exe is loaded okay.
AWEUTIL won't load without CTCM.exe)

AWEUTIL.com - loads okay, no errors

CTMMSYS.SYS (sound card driver that loads as a TSR along with STSB16.SYS) -
loads okay, no errors, shows up in the mem/c/p listing as loaded
CTSB16.SYS - gives me an error, which is what I'm trying to figure. It doesn't
show up as loaded in mem/c/p

I am trying to get the DOS sound drivers to work, but am running into some
trouble.

Here is the problem: When the config.sys is loading all the sound drivers,
everything loads okay, EXCEPT for CTSB16.SYS, giving me the error

invalid "/BLASTER=A:XXX"ARGUMENT

I have no idea what can be causing this. Anyone has any ideas? Has anyone
been able to get Win98 to run any of the AWE cards okay in full DOS mode
(pressing F8 at boot up to boot to command prompt only)? Or Win95, for that
matter? Any solutions?

Here is a sample of my autoexec.bat and config.sys

[Config.sys]

DEVICE=C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\CTSND\DRV\CTMMSYS.SYS
DEVICE=C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\CTSND\DRV\CTSB16.SYS /UNIT=0 /BLASTER=A:220 I:5
D:1 H:5 /WIN95

[Autoexec.bat]

c:\ctcm\ctcm.exe
c:\CTCM\CTCU /S /W=c:\WINDOWS