ATX24 socket on mobo - PS is only ATX20!

Old July 4th 20, 02:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default ATX24 socket on mobo - PS is only ATX20!

I had a look at an old HP Pavillion PC and the power supply has only 20 wires
going into the mainboard. Jezus, that is cheapskatery I did not expect
from a major corporation. It is apparently a "home" PC with i3 and low-end
graphics card. Presuming they use the same mainboard for a more powerful
model that needs the extra juice.