Nero Cannot Burn WAV Files to CD?

Old June 29th 04, 03:30 PM
Frank

Default Nero Cannot Burn WAV Files to CD?

I have some audio files in WAV format that I am trying to burn to a
CD. I tried Nero 5.5 and the latest Nero 6, and they both tell me the
file type is unsupported.

These files play fine in Windows Media Player.

I can't believe that Nero doesn't know what to do with a WAV file. Is
the program that lame?

How can I burn a WAV to a CD?
Old June 29th 04, 04:11 PM
Dan G

Maybe it's your files? Do you have Windows set to show all file type
extensions?
Open an audio CD compilation and drag the files in. If you get an error,
then the files are not what you think they are. WMP may have converted them
to WMA, which is not supported in Nero without a special plug-in. (WMA.EXE)
Alternatively, open one of them in Nero Wave Editor and see if it is indeed
a wav file.

From the Nero FAQ:

4. I am trying to add a WMA file but Nero tells me that it may be protected.
Why is that?

First, be sure you have downloaded and installed our WMA.EXE plug-in. If you
have not, you must do this first. To do so, please use the below link to
download this file: WMA Plug-in

If you still get this 'WMA protected' error message, then you need to be
aware of the below issues:

The problem with the WMA format is that most users are using the Default
settings from Windows Media Player, and when you create a WMA file with this
default setting, you are preventing anyone from writing this to a CD, as it
uses a protection feature they have to prevent writing this audio file to
CD. You must first disable this from within the Windows Media Player:

If you have a version of Windows Media Player prior to Version 8.0 or above,
you can disable this feature from within WMP's TOOLSOPTIONSCD AUDIO and
disable the 'Protect Content' option.

If you have a version of Windows Media Player after version 8.0 and above,
you can disable this feature from within WMP's TOOLS - OPTIONS - COPY
MUSIC settings, and disable the 'Protect Content' option or 'Copy Protect
Music' option.

When you first install Windows Media Player, it warns you of this.
WMA files that you buy or download from the internet may also be protected
and therefore can not be burned to CD with Nero or any other program.

Old June 29th 04, 08:10 PM
Tormod Johansen

"Frank" skrev i melding
I have some audio files in WAV format that I am trying to burn to a
CD. I tried Nero 5.5 and the latest Nero 6, and they both tell me the
file type is unsupported.

These files play fine in Windows Media Player.

I can't believe that Nero doesn't know what to do with a WAV file. Is
the program that lame?

How can I burn a WAV to a CD?

The sample rate MUST be 44100hz and 16bit stereo...
Mediaplayer plays almost any sample rate (Must be suported by your
soundcard)
T.J

Old June 29th 04, 09:07 PM
Mike Richter

Tormod Johansen wrote:

"Frank" skrev i melding

I have some audio files in WAV format that I am trying to burn to a
CD. I tried Nero 5.5 and the latest Nero 6, and they both tell me the
file type is unsupported.

These files play fine in Windows Media Player.

I can't believe that Nero doesn't know what to do with a WAV file. Is
the program that lame?

How can I burn a WAV to a CD?

The sample rate MUST be 44100hz and 16bit stereo...
Mediaplayer plays almost any sample rate (Must be suported by your
soundcard)
T.J

Nero 6 is not quite that narrow-minded G, but it does demand a rate
commensurate with 44100 so 48000 and its submultiples won't do.

Another possibility (though unlikely) comes from the fact that WAV is
really only an envelope around a general RIFF. Thus, the audio content
may be compressed, where Nero expects uncompressed PCM in WAV.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/