Tweaking locked Athlon XP 2500+

Old January 7th 04, 02:37 AM
Soredawg

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 04:22:21 GMT, "Jim"
wrote:

"Hakamoto" wrote in message
I have an MSI KT6 Delta Motherboaurd and an AMD 2500+ Barton. I simply
entered an FSB of 200mhz. This yields a an effective FSB bandwidth of

400mhz
and an AMD 3200+ processor. The whole system is solid as a rock.

MAX CPU temps are around 55C under intense load.

What RAM do u have? (corsair, kingston, no name?)

--
Hakamoto

I am using inexpensive Kingston PC2700 Value RAM. ....Solid as a rock!!!

I am stuck at 195 FSB, on a 2500+ locked chip on a gigabyte 7N400 pro
MB and I have 2 sticks of 256 ocz PC2700 memory. Is it advantageous
to upgrade the memory (priceerformance wise) to PC3200? Are there
any BIOS settings that will allow 200FSB to be stable? I start getting
intermittant crashes at 196. Tried bumping voltages to 1.725 for cpu
and 2.800 for memory and no luck going any higher. Any other
suggestions?

TIA
Soredawg
Old January 7th 04, 11:16 AM
RD

Hi Christian,
"Christian Stade-Schuldt" wrote in message
Hi Folks,
is it possible to tweak Athlon XP 2500+ CPU produced after 39
calendar week.
The multiplier is of course fixed, but with the right mainboard and the
right ramm it should be possible to run the system with FSB 200 Mhz!
This should be equal to Athlon 3200+.

Yup, its possible I'm running a xp 2500 as an xp3200 right now on an
Asus A7N8X-dlx rev 2 mobo:-)

Just had to set the fsb to 200 with pc3200 ddr.

RD

Old January 7th 04, 10:11 PM
Mac

And you're all doing this with post week 39 processors?

Old January 8th 04, 11:10 AM
fau

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 02:37:29 GMT, Soredawg wrote:

I am stuck at 195 FSB, on a 2500+ locked chip on a gigabyte 7N400 pro
MB and I have 2 sticks of 256 ocz PC2700 memory. Is it advantageous
to upgrade the memory (priceerformance wise) to PC3200? Are there
any BIOS settings that will allow 200FSB to be stable? I start getting
intermittant crashes at 196. Tried bumping voltages to 1.725 for cpu
and 2.800 for memory and no luck going any higher. Any other
suggestions?

I do have GA 7N400 (Non-Pro) and 1700+ (DLT3C) + 2 sticks Kingston Value
ram 3200. With a little fooling arround , I found that Vcore +7.5% , DIMM
+.3 , memory timings 6-2-2-2.5 and Multiplier x11 gave me rock stabile
204FSB. Tryed 24/7 , and it's still working like clock.

I use 550W PSU , proper cooler (I think Coolermaster , not so sure at this
moment)
--

1/8/2004 12:06:39 PM