Tweaking locked Athlon XP 2500+

Old January 1st 04, 05:54 PM
Christian Stade-Schuldt

Default Tweaking locked Athlon XP 2500+

Hi Folks,
is it possible to tweak Athlon XP 2500+ CPU produced after 39
calendar week.
The multiplier is of course fixed, but with the right mainboard and the
right ramm it should be possible to run the system with FSB 200 Mhz!
This should be equal to Athlon 3200+.

Thanks
Christian

Old January 1st 04, 07:52 PM
Wes Newell

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 18:54:42 +0100, Christian Stade-Schuldt wrote:

is it possible to tweak Athlon XP 2500+ CPU produced after 39
calendar week.
The multiplier is of course fixed, but with the right mainboard and the
right ramm it should be possible to run the system with FSB 200 Mhz!
This should be equal to Athlon 3200+.

That's exactly what many are doing. Most 2500+'s will run as 3200+'s are
close to it. You need a chipset that supports a 200MHz FSB though. Sis
748, VIA KT600, Nvidia Nforce2 400 and Ultra 400.

Old January 1st 04, 08:25 PM
Jim

I have an MSI KT6 Delta Motherboaurd and an AMD 2500+ Barton. I simply
entered an FSB of 200mhz. This yields a an effective FSB bandwidth of 400mhz
and an AMD 3200+ processor. The whole system is solid as a rock.

MAX CPU temps are around 55C under intense load.

Old January 2nd 04, 01:56 AM
Jake

Works like a charm on the right mobo. I'm using a Biostar M7NCD,
Nforce2, with 512mb pc2700 (with I soon will swap out for pc3200). I
simply cranked up the FSB to 200mhz and it's running great.
Currently, my memory speed and FSB are out of sync, but the
performance gain of the FSB increase is real. The temps are fine, and
there has been no decrease in system stability with XP Pro.

jakesnake

Old January 2nd 04, 04:51 AM
neopolaris

Hakamoto wrote:
I have an MSI KT6 Delta Motherboaurd and an AMD 2500+ Barton. I
simply entered an FSB of 200mhz. This yields a an effective FSB
bandwidth of 400mhz and an AMD 3200+ processor. The whole system is
solid as a rock.

MAX CPU temps are around 55C under intense load.

What RAM do u have? (corsair, kingston, no name?)

I did the same with a locked one and 2x512 Crucial PC3200 on a KT600.

Old January 2nd 04, 07:55 AM
CoCo

hi

locked amd cpus can be "unlocked"! make'm to mobiles!
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...3 D1072762712
(little funny translation but....)

coco

om...

Old January 3rd 04, 04:22 AM
Jim

--
Hakamoto

I am using inexpensive Kingston PC2700 Value RAM. ....Solid as a rock!!!

Old January 3rd 04, 04:38 AM
Jim

I use Kingston PC2700 Value RAM. This is really 333mhz RAM that I overclock
to 400mhz. I've also run this sytem running the RAM at its designated 333mhz
and the FSB to 400mhz which still yields an AMD 3200+. Works well either
way!!!

All I can say is that every thing is rock solid even though I am
overclocking the **** out of the processor and RAM.

Old January 5th 04, 11:46 PM
DaveL

That's a lot of hassle to go through when all you really have to do is crank
up the fsb to 400 and call it a 3200+.

Dave

"CoCo" wrote in message
hi

locked amd cpus can be "unlocked"! make'm to mobiles!

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...3 D1072762712
(little funny translation but....)

coco

om...

Old January 6th 04, 03:27 PM
Robin Gordon

i just stuck an XP2500+ into an Epox 8KRA2+ and 512MB PC3200 RAM and a
Volcano 9 cooler.
and ran her for 2 days as an XP2500 until i was sure everything was running
well and then wacked the FSB up to 200MHz to try it and it runs without a
hitch, rock solid. i havent tried out a temp check but in the BIOS the idle
temp is only 41 C and that's without the fan running at a speed thats likely
to annoy the neighbours ( bit OTT but not much when its cranked full open)

Robin