Komplett

Old October 22nd 05, 01:41 AM
mo

Default Komplett

Ordered a TFT from them but am not at all happy - what are the chances they
will take it back?

I will say I am unhappy at the viewing angles they quote on their webiste
(as you cannot get that decent viewing angles)

Old October 22nd 05, 09:52 AM
Dan Hicks

mo wrote:
Ordered a TFT from them but am not at all happy - what are the chances they
will take it back?

I will say I am unhappy at the viewing angles they quote on their webiste
(as you cannot get that decent viewing angles)

How long have you had the TFT? If it's less than seven working days you
can simply notify them that you want to return it under the DSR. The
problem that you have, however, is that it sounds as though you have
used the monitor and they may reject your request to return the goods
under the DSR as you have gone beyond the kind of inspection of goods
that the DSR allows. This has not, as far as know, been tested in the
courts so you can just give it a go and see what they say.

However, if you have had the goods for more than seven working days, you
are not covered by the DSR. You would have to argue that the goods are
not as advertised as defined by the SOGA. If your complaint is that you
don't like the viewing angles and the viewing angles of the monitor are
as described on the Komplett website then you have no legal basis to
return the monitor. As the Trading Standards website points out " You
are only entitled to a refund if the goods are defective, not as
described or not fit for their purpose" not because you simply changed
your mind
Old October 22nd 05, 05:51 PM
mo

"Dan Hicks" wrote in message

How long have you had the TFT?

I have had it only 1 day.

It has been open and tested for about 3 hours while I tried different things
(internet/pictures/films) and it is definitley not up to my standard.

Can I return it on this basis alone?

Going further though, the angles they give on their site are just blatantly
false anyway - this is what I will try and get it refunded under.

Old October 22nd 05, 06:34 PM
Trev

"mo" nospam wrote in message ...

"Dan Hicks" wrote in message

How long have you had the TFT?

I have had it only 1 day.

It has been open and tested for about 3 hours while I tried different
things (internet/pictures/films) and it is definitley not up to my
standard.

Can I return it on this basis alone?

Going further though, the angles they give on their site are just
blatantly false anyway - this is what I will try and get it refunded
under.

Are you sure you read it correctly. They are normally given x Degrees right
and left so 170/170 =40 deg.

Old October 22nd 05, 06:43 PM
Dan Hicks

mo wrote:
"Dan Hicks" wrote in message

How long have you had the TFT?

I have had it only 1 day.

It has been open and tested for about 3 hours while I tried different things
(internet/pictures/films) and it is definitley not up to my standard.

Can I return it on this basis alone?

Going further though, the angles they give on their site are just blatantly
false anyway - this is what I will try and get it refunded under.

You can try to return it under the Distance Selling Regulations (DSR).
The only thing is, this is not a "try before buy" thing and since you
have used the monitor, you may not have the right to return it under the
DSR.

If the vendor won't take it back under the DSR then your only option is
to reject the monitor under the SOGA. The thing that matters here is
whether the monitor is fit for the purpose, of satisfactory quality and
as described. You will need to show objective reasons why it fails these
tests. The fact that the monitor is "not up to my standards" is
irrelevant and is not a valid reason under law to return the product.
You say that "the angles on their site are just blatantly false". If, as
you seem to imply here, the viewing angles are less than those
advertised then this would be a valid reason for rejecting the monitor
and returning it for a refund.
Old October 24th 05, 03:19 PM
bigbrian

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 17:51:17 +0100, "mo" nospam wrote:

"Dan Hicks" wrote in message

How long have you had the TFT?

I have had it only 1 day.

It has been open and tested for about 3 hours while I tried different things
(internet/pictures/films) and it is definitley not up to my standard.

Can I return it on this basis alone?

Assuming you mean under the DSR, its an area where the law is unclear,
but you can certainly expect them to argue that, since you've used it,
they are under no obligation to accept it. This may not necessarily be
true, but a lot of retailers will push it to the point where you'll
have to take it to court or give up. Don't know about Komplett.

You, on the other hand, are under no obligation to tell them why you
are returning it. You can return it without giving a reason, as long
as you notify them in 7 days, although you'll almost certainly have to
foot the bill for the return carriage (they will have to refund the
original carriage unless they made it the subject of a separate
contract)

Brian

Old October 25th 05, 09:24 PM
Vittorio Janus

"Dan Hicks" wrote in message

How long have you had the TFT?

I have had it only 1 day.

It has been open and tested for about 3 hours while I tried different things
(internet/pictures/films) and it is definitley not up to my standard.

Can I return it on this basis alone?

Going further though, the angles they give on their site are just blatantly
false anyway - this is what I will try and get it refunded under.

You definitely can't return it on the basis that it doesn't *your*
standards.

If, for example, they state that the viewing angle is 140 degrees and
the actual viewing angle is, say 125, degrees then Komplett have
supplied a product that fails to comply with their contract with you
and must refund all your costs.

You are pushing it under the DSR. But if you unpacked it sufficiently
carefully that you can re-pack it properly (i.e. so that it doesn't
look as if it's been unpacked) you'll get away with it - but expect to
pay your own return costs.

Regards,
vj
Old October 30th 05, 04:48 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , mo
writes
Ordered a TFT from them but am not at all happy - what are the chances they
will take it back?

I will say I am unhappy at the viewing angles they quote on their webiste
(as you cannot get that decent viewing angles)

Komplett - yuck!!! I was sold a faulty hard drive by them - DOA - they
insisted that the return had to be sent (by them) to their Scandinavian
testing centre before they would replace it. They did in the end replace
it but I will never buy from them again!

--
dave @ stejonda

Beyond the farmyard the wind in the trees.