AIW 9600XT pain in the ass

Old January 15th 05, 07:26 PM
bob

Default AIW 9600XT pain in the ass

I have an aiw 9600xt ..it started dewgrading video under xp sp2, so i
sent it back tio ATI. they replaced it and it worked for a couple of
months and started same problem again.. Sent it back again, got it back,
plugged it in and it fried my mobo, am asus p4p800s with 3.0ghz
processor, 1 gb ddr ram with latest catalysst drivers? I am ****ed! Not
sure what to do and what to replace it with if I cant get results from
ATI, Anyone else hace this much trouble with 9600xt aiw?

bob
Old January 16th 05, 12:13 AM
Bas Keur

I have an aiw 9600xt ..it started dewgrading video under xp sp2, so i
sent it back tio ATI. they replaced it and it worked for a couple of
months and started same problem again.. Sent it back again, got it back,
plugged it in and it fried my mobo, am asus p4p800s with 3.0ghz
processor, 1 gb ddr ram with latest catalysst drivers?

1: Blame your mobo as well, until proven otherwise.
(wich they can't, so there.)

Assuming that this isn't a mega overclocked Pentium 120
are out of waranty (wich i doubt, since i got the P4800-E
Deluxe for just about 4 months myself) `Friendly` ask the
18 year old part timer if you can speak with the man/woman
in charge since `helper` isn't allowed to make any exception.
action You are a low budget student, who is devastated
by this event. All your homework etcetc.. let your emotions go.cut

Pretty sure you will get a new(er) mobo, they save a customer
for the amount of -+30 dollars.

Some advice.
1: You have rights as a customer, use them.
2: Always buy at one store, so you don't have to rely on postal.
3: If your card is on waranty (A year always) you will NOT accept them
sending it to ATI and call you back next month or so. A decent shop will
give you a brand new card and never start a discussion about it.

I am ****ed!

Keep it cool, when all fails you can always trow a grenade
inside the store, but that should always be the last option.
(It's really hard to get a new one.

Not sure what to do and what to replace it with if
I cant get results from ATI,

You won't, trust me. It will cost them more opening
the package then sending you a new card. Logistics
is $$ when you are a Nr. 1 GPU market player.

Anyone else hace this much trouble with 9600xt aiw?

A friend of mine had this with the ATI 9700-Pro
Screen crashed in a rubble of stripes after some
3d gaming (No clocking) until it kept the stripes
as if they where burned in his monitor.

I used to have a 9800-XT.
That fsck'er burned my hand when adding a new
Network card.

I now have a X-800 Pro
(I went back, told them it was broke.)

bob

Your turn.
Where can i buy bacardi-black @ 01:12 in NL
Forget the car heheheheh *hips

--
] Bas Keur
] `Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery`