A8N-SLI Deluxe

Old August 20th 05, 03:14 AM
Martin Racette

Default A8N-SLI Deluxe

Hi,

I have updated my computer from an AthlonXP 3200+ to an Athlon64 3200+, using
the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard, but ever since I started the new
configuration the computer becomes unresponsive after a few hours (varying from
1 to 27hrs), and even if the computer is idle it will still freeze on me

THe motherboard came with the BIOS version 1010, after the first few time that
the problem occured I tried a to flash it to 1011, and then to 1013, but the
problem still persist

Anyone could give me any idea as to what might cause this

PS. I did a Repair on XP Pro SP2 but to no avail.

PPS When I contacted Asus regarding the problem they told me that it wasn't the
motherboard, but the whole hardware and software did work perfectly on the old
motherboard

--
Thank you in Advance

Merci a l'Avance

Martin

Old August 24th 05, 11:05 PM
kony

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 22:14:27 -0400, "Martin Racette"
wrote:

Hi,

I have updated my computer from an AthlonXP 3200+ to an Athlon64 3200+, using
the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard,

A8N-SLI cannot run an Athlon XP 3200, that is a socket A
CPU. I don't know what the problem is with the current
configuration but you might try testing memory with
memtest86+, measuring voltages with a multimeter, checking
temps, clearing the CMOS, and finally a clean install of
XP... all the usual things.