Acer 50 speed CDrom Drive problems.

Old January 14th 04, 03:52 AM
Mike Slaunwhite

Default Acer 50 speed CDrom Drive problems.

Hi.

I have an Acer 50x Max CDROM cdrom thats really acting wierd.

When I try to install from the CDROM, or Just copy a large file, the
install starts out alright, then after about 40 seconds or more, the
CDROM just whines out full gear, then an error comes up saying that
the file or install is corrupt, and it's due to a transfer error.

I have checked tomake sure the surface of the CD is alright, then I
go the extra mile by cleaning the CD just to make sure, and it still
does it.

I have searched high and low for a CDROM driver, and all I get are
drivers for windows 95, and for dos.

Also I contacted Acer themselves, and all they do is send me to
Driver.Com for the old drivers I just mentioned.

The CDROM works great in dos using the generic 16 bit drivers, but
thats about it....

HELP!

I run windows XP, on a Pentium 3 600.
Old January 14th 04, 09:19 AM
Askhow.net

Hi Mike,
I went to Acer at http://global.acer.com/support/index.htm after screwing
around there a bit
I found the drivers for acer cdroms you just need to download the right one.
http://www.benq.com/drivers/storage_drivers.html

Good Luck
Jaks http://www.howtouniverse.com
Free Support Forums