PC World £736 and DABS £820 for Nikon CoolPix 5700 camera - price challenge

Old July 28th 03, 09:50 PM
John Perry

Default PC World £736 and DABS £820 for Nikon CoolPix 5700 camera - price challenge

Hmm, never thought I'd see this, but I want a Coolpix 5700, and DABS are
rather dear. Anyway if they want to do the camera for £736 to match PC
World, or better it ;-), I'll have one on 12 months interest free.

Up to you Jonathan.

--
SPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk
Old July 28th 03, 10:33 PM
John Perry

"Simon" _ wrote:

"John Perry" wrote in message
.. .
Hmm, never thought I'd see this, but I want a Coolpix 5700, and DABS are
rather dear. Anyway if they want to do the camera for £736 to match PC
World, or better it ;-), I'll have one on 12 months interest free.

If you don't need the interest free, try here :-

www.nomatica.co.uk or http://www.berridgemail.co.uk/ as both are cheaper.

Jessops will even price match the latter so you can have it in your hand the
same day and save on postage. :-)

You have been to Pricerunner like me, I think. Thanks for that and I
may try Jessops in Portsmouth. Would prefer interest free, and I will
ask them.
Old July 29th 03, 03:20 AM
display.systems

In article , John Perry
writes
Hmm, never thought I'd see this, but I want a Coolpix 5700, and DABS are
rather dear. Anyway if they want to do the camera for £736 to match PC
World, or better it ;-), I'll have one on 12 months interest free.

Do yourself a favour and go for a Minolta 7Hi instead, better low light
capability, better lens and uses standard AA size batteries and not a
proprietary (expensive!) one )

Have a read of the reviews at,

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

Just to add I've had an Olympus E20, Fuji 602, Nikon 5700 and Minolta
7Hi and the Minolta is the one I've kept )

Kind Regards,

Jeff Davison

Display Systems Consultants UK
Old July 29th 03, 06:33 PM
John Perry

"display.systems" wrote:

In article , John Perry
writes
Hmm, never thought I'd see this, but I want a Coolpix 5700, and DABS are
rather dear. Anyway if they want to do the camera for £736 to match PC
World, or better it ;-), I'll have one on 12 months interest free.

Do yourself a favour and go for a Minolta 7Hi instead, better low light
capability, better lens and uses standard AA size batteries and not a
proprietary (expensive!) one )

Have a read of the reviews at,

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

Just to add I've had an Olympus E20, Fuji 602, Nikon 5700 and Minolta
7Hi and the Minolta is the one I've kept )

Hmm, printed down 13 pages of reviews of each and I am comparing. It
will be a hard choice. Any views from anyone else?

That is an excellent site. Thanks
Old July 29th 03, 11:42 PM
Crazy Horse

make sure you read the small print on dabs interest free scheme....and c how
much it really costs.

Old July 30th 03, 06:21 PM
John Perry

"Crazy Horse" wrote:

make sure you read the small print on dabs interest free scheme....and c how
much it really costs.

I have and it really is interest free provided you pay off in the 12
months, as I always do, otherwise the APR is around 40% (calculated from
the end of the interest free period). It really is an excellent deal,
as long as you pay off the balance on time.

"John Perry" wrote in message
Hmm, never thought I'd see this, but I want a Coolpix 5700, and
DABS are rather dear. Anyway if they want to do the camera for
£736 to match PC World, or better it ;-), I'll have one on 12
months interest free.

Anyway, I went into Jessops today as they said yesterday that they did
interest free and matched internet prices, but after waiting for 30
minutes while a salesman was checking it out, I gave up and walked out
empty handed, so Jessops if you are reading this, I will not be a
customer anymore. I particularly wanted the camera for an assignment on
Friday, but now I'm out of luck.

Also looked at the Minolta Dimage 7Hi, a hard choice, but the smaller
size of the Nikon swung it for me in the end.
Old July 30th 03, 08:47 PM
GB

"John Perry" wrote in message
"display.systems" wrote:

In article , John Perry
writes
Hmm, never thought I'd see this, but I want a Coolpix 5700, and DABS are
rather dear. Anyway if they want to do the camera for £736 to match PC
World, or better it ;-), I'll have one on 12 months interest free.

Do yourself a favour and go for a Minolta 7Hi instead, better low light
capability, better lens and uses standard AA size batteries and not a
proprietary (expensive!) one )

Have a read of the reviews at,

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

Just to add I've had an Olympus E20, Fuji 602, Nikon 5700 and Minolta
7Hi and the Minolta is the one I've kept )

I've got the Oly E20P and would recommend it provided that you do not mind
the fact that it is rather heavy. Excellent picture quality that proves
beyond a shadow a doubt that I am no David Bailey.

Old July 30th 03, 10:01 PM
Simon

"John Perry" wrote in message
"Crazy Horse" wrote:

Anyway, I went into Jessops today as they said yesterday that they did
interest free and matched internet prices, but after waiting for 30
minutes while a salesman was checking it out, I gave up and walked out
empty handed, so Jessops if you are reading this, I will not be a
customer anymore. I particularly wanted the camera for an assignment on
Friday, but now I'm out of luck.

Sorry to hear that. I have bought a Sony MCD500 (excellent camera) and a
Canon i950 printer from them in the last few weeks and both were matched at
a considerable discount over their own prices. The only stipulation they
made was that the matched item had to be in stock and in the UK.