Prosignia 200 prob.

Old August 28th 03, 04:56 PM
Des

Default Prosignia 200 prob.

Hi, my friend has an old Compaq Prosignia 200 166Mhz (The sticker on the
side says Prosignia 5/166 M2500 1NT 8733BMW30208).

On boot-up it displays something like - 172 nonvolatile memory knackered
run set up configuration, press F10 for configuration utitlity.
If you press F1 the PC boots up to windows and if you Press F10 it says no
configuation utility installed.

I understand that there should be a 4 disk set up utility that would put it
right but they were not passed on to him when he got the computer.

The Compaq site no longer supports this PC so does anyone know where I can
download these files?

If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Sky

Old August 29th 03, 10:39 AM
Peter Monaghan

In article , Des
writes
Hi, my friend has an old Compaq Prosignia 200 166Mhz (The sticker on the
side says Prosignia 5/166 M2500 1NT 8733BMW30208).

On boot-up it displays something like - 172 nonvolatile memory knackered
run set up configuration, press F10 for configuration utitlity.
If you press F1 the PC boots up to windows and if you Press F10 it says no
configuation utility installed.

I understand that there should be a 4 disk set up utility that would put it
right but they were not passed on to him when he got the computer.

The Compaq site no longer supports this PC so does anyone know where I can
download these files?

If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Sky

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/13227.html
for SP19619 Compaq System Configuration Utility version 2.58 A
--
Peter Monaghan
Old August 30th 03, 10:59 PM
Sky

"Peter Monaghan" wrote in message
In article , Des
writes
[...]

Thanks very much Pete. Downloaded it and will give it a try.
Cheers
Sky

Audio prob? AIW prob? pickle Ati Videocards 4 November 2nd 04 05:43 PM
Visiontek 9200se AGP prob! Chaos Ati Videocards 2 May 16th 04 07:25 PM
3dmark03 prob melodium Ati Videocards 3 May 14th 04 11:10 AM
prob when scanning photos SaxoBoy Scanners 2 December 22nd 03 03:06 PM
Monitor Prob Fixed but ina Weird wacky way :) We Live For The One We Die For The One Ati Videocards 3 October 13th 03 04:49 PM