Compaq's "Recovery CD" - Need Some Advice

Old July 4th 03, 08:21 PM
Bruce Gillis

Default Compaq's "Recovery CD" - Need Some Advice

Hey everyone. I am preparing to sell a PC clone that came with a
"Recovery CD". Obviously, I want to protect my data (after my last
backup) before the computer changes hands, so I am going to run the
"Factory Restore" option on the CD. To be certain that I don't run
the restore needlessly, ie., the buyer doesn't show, I want to wait
until the transaction is actually made. How long will it take me to
run a restore if my hard drive has about 18GB of data on it?
Thanks to all in advance,
Bruce
Old July 5th 03, 12:15 AM
Jaban

If you're not saving the data (which you aren't if you use the "factory
restore" option) then it should take 30 to 45 minutes to restore it and
double check to make sure it's working, depending on which model it is.

Jaban