Any new Acer Aspire 2000 owners???

Old February 27th 04, 05:19 AM
William Cheng @work

Default Any new Acer Aspire 2000 owners???

Hi all,

Being a very new proud owner of a Acer Aspire 2002WLci - I have a few
questions;

It is suggested that if one uses AC most of the time, that you remove the
battery to prevent it from constantly charging. Well if you remove the
battery, you're left with a big hole under the computer - the cover to the
battery compartment is integral to the battery - so, is there a door or a
fake battery blank that can be put in place so the "hole" battery
compartment is covered up and protected? (I've called Acer support - they
told me they had none - are there any aftermarket? or could they be wrong -
it seems to be a huge oversight)

Secondly, I was told that the optional bluetooth was not available in North
America - is this true? It seems simple enough, the housing and wiring
harness is in the battery compartment - is its user installable - as long as
we can get a hold of the bluetooth module - why do they have the option
overseas and we don't?

Any cool THIN notebook cases that don't look like laptop case for this
puppy?

Acer Aspire 1300 laptop - how to get in! Paul Acer Computers 3 April 27th 04 11:33 PM
Acer Aspire 2000 series ||ac|| General 3 April 6th 04 01:17 PM
Acer Aspire 1356LC - Change harddrive Manne Acer Computers 0 January 26th 04 05:48 PM
Acer Aspire PII 333Mhz tower freezes after counting memory Tom Wyrick Acer Computers 1 July 29th 03 03:24 PM
Acer Aspire 1315LC/1315LM Michael Murray Acer Computers 1 July 6th 03 09:23 PM