Memory Stackers/Expanders for PC100/PC133?

Old June 22nd 04, 01:33 AM
Ablang

Default Memory Stackers/Expanders for PC100/PC133?

I don't have a real new computer, but you know how motherboards only
have like 3 slots for PC100/133 RAM (I don't know if newer boards have
more slots), are there any products out there that allow you to use
more memory chips than the ones my motherboard (Soyo V6Be+) allows?

==
"Success didn't spoil me. I've always been insufferable."
-- Fran Lebowitz

Old June 22nd 04, 02:28 AM
Michael Culley

"Ablang" wrote in message ...
I don't have a real new computer, but you know how motherboards only
have like 3 slots for PC100/133 RAM (I don't know if newer boards have
more slots), are there any products out there that allow you to use
more memory chips than the ones my motherboard (Soyo V6Be+) allows?

I remember they had these for 72 pin ram and I think I might have seen it for SDRam once. It allowed 2 ram chips to fit into one
slow. Be warned tho, they were no good and caused all sorts of memory problems even for the slow 72pin ram, they would most likely
be much worse for the 133Mhz ram.

--
Michael Culley

Old June 22nd 04, 03:07 AM
Pen

But also remember that they didn't allow "more"
memory, they just let you increase the amount in
a single slot, but only up to what the mobo supported.

Old June 22nd 04, 04:08 AM
Michael Culley

"Pen" wrote in message ...
But also remember that they didn't allow "more"
memory, they just let you increase the amount in
a single slot, but only up to what the mobo supported.

That's true but I presume the OP has a whole lot of smaller ram chips and can't fit them all in. Best option would be to buy new
memory and sell all the others.

--
Michael Culley