Suddenly stuck at 256 colors

Old January 11th 05, 03:46 PM
Bailey

Default Suddenly stuck at 256 colors

Greetings;

Running Win2KPro..... After doing a couple of software upgrades over
the weekend including the new Trillian Pro 3.0, my All-In-Wonder 128
is now stuck on 256 colors. Also, when I try to access the TV I get
the error message:

"The TV Player failed to initialize the video. Ensure the correct
video drivers have been installed and close any applications which
may be playing video such as DVD or WebTV before attempting to
restart TV."

Of course the Adapter Properties says "This device is working
properly." Bleeech

I have:
1) Uninstalled the upgraded programs (later reinstalled older
versions)
2) Uninstalled ANYTHING I could think of that would create/use
video, including the web camera software and Real Producer
3) Uninstalled and reinstalled the video card, drivers and MMC in
both standard and safe mode
4) Purged the registry of anything that said ATI
5) Rebooted and/or powered down and unplugged the power cord more
times this month than in the past year

Despite all this, Display Properties Settings says I'm at
1024x768 32 bit color, but in reality I'm at 256 colors. No amount
of changing, applying, rebooting seems to solve the problem.

Can anyone offer any other insight or something I may have missed?
TIA

--
Jeff Bailey
jeff[at]baileyjs.com

My System Info:
Win2k Pro, Soyo K7VTA Pro, AMD Duron 900mhz, 768MB ram,
ATI All-in-Wonder 128 video card, Opera 7.54u1, Firefox 1,
Agent 2.0, Trillian 3.0, Zone Alarm, AVG Anti-Virus
and a lot of other crap.