text ghosting

Old December 30th 04, 03:20 PM
Barry Watzman

If someone has a web site, I can make available a test pattern generator
program for analog LCD adjustment that can legally be distrubed as
freeware. I don't want to E-Mail it to dozens or hundreds of people,
but it can be posted for download. The program is not one that I wrote,
but it's one that I know can be distributed. It's a very old program, a
Windows 3.1 program written in visual basic, but it still works very
well. It's installation is unobtrusive, it makes not registry entries
or system changes at all.

Thomas Gill wrote:

I am maybe in the wrong forum for this question but here it is:

Have just purchased a new 17" LCD monitor and notice that all text is
displayed with ghosting to the left of the letter. My video card is an
ATI 9200. Perhaps this was also there with my CRT but I didn't notice it
then.

Have looked for display settings in XP and the ATI s/w that might
control this but can not find anything.

Any help?

Old December 30th 04, 03:23 PM
Barry Watzman

This is subjective, but in my opinion, and the opinion of lots of
others, cleartype makes things worse, not better.

Also, you do need to run at the native resolution of the LCD panel.
That is absolutely critical. However, lowering the refresh rate (to
60Hz instead of 70Hz) may help ghosting problems, as it lowers the
frequency and rise-times of the pulses, and reduces the severity of
transmission line issues.

Thomas Gill wrote:

Heywood wrote:

You may try enabling cleartype in XP....It is made for flatpanel LCD
displays etc.

From XP Help....

thanks ... I have cleartype enabled and the highest res supported by
card/LCD ( 1280x1024 ). I have tested monitor with test-pattern
generator and non-text displays flawlessly ... ghosting only appears
with text display leading me to suspect problem is with the way it is
being rendered in XP.

Old January 7th 05, 10:51 PM
Inglo

On 12/30/2004 7:20 AM Barry Watzman brightened our day with:

If someone has a web site, I can make available a test pattern
generator program for analog LCD adjustment that can legally be
distrubed as freeware. I don't want to E-Mail it to dozens or
hundreds of people,
but it can be posted for download. The program is not one that I
wrote, but it's one that I know can be distributed. It's a very old
program, a Windows 3.1 program written in visual basic, but it still
works very well. It's installation is unobtrusive, it makes not
registry entries or system changes at all.

Do you have a program that will fix the red pixel in the upper left
corner of my screen? Perhaps I should buy one of those green lasers
people are pointing at airplanes and shoot it at the damned pixel for a
couple hours.
Maybe an ice pick might work?

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com
Old January 8th 05, 03:31 AM
Noozer

Do you have a program that will fix the red pixel in the upper left
corner of my screen? Perhaps I should buy one of those green lasers
people are pointing at airplanes and shoot it at the damned pixel for a
couple hours.
Maybe an ice pick might work?

Dude, chill!... Just set your background to Ferrari red! That pixel will be
so GONE and the screen is, like, so cool... Just gotta find a Ferrari logo
to put on the START button!

: )

writing cd`s biggmark Cdr 7 December 31st 04 08:57 AM
Nero help needed foghat Cdr 0 May 31st 04 08:23 PM
Nero and dvd-r failure Blair Wilson Cdr 1 February 5th 04 07:23 AM
Can't get CD Burner to Burn Nottoman General 2 December 22nd 03 05:47 PM
Help! - The dreaded buffer underrun XPG Cdr 5 August 31st 03 06:27 PM