Radeon 9800 pro 256 only runs 4X AGP on ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe MB?

Old December 5th 03, 09:46 PM
Mox

Default Radeon 9800 pro 256 only runs 4X AGP on ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe MB?

Hi

Just bought my dream-machine:
ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe, i875P, Serial ATA, Duo Raid, AGP 8x, G
Intel Pentium 4 3,2GHz, In-a-box, 512KB Cache, 800MHz bus
Mem-ddr-ra: 2 x 512 MB Original Samsung PC3200 DDR400 RAM
PowerColor Radeon 9800 PRO, 256MB DDR-II, TV-Out + DVI-I
2 x Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9, 160GB, 7200RPM, 8MB, Serial ATA
NEC ND-1300 DVD Burner (+ & -)
BTC BDV316C 16x DVD-ROM Drev

BUT - why can I only get it to run 4X AGP? I´ve tried to adjust all
settings in BIOS and installed the latest driver from ATI. In my
screen-settings I can only select 4X AGP - if I choose AGP X8 it
accept this, but after reeboot it goes back to 4X AGP. Ane clues?

Best regards

Morten
Old December 6th 03, 07:04 AM
nobody

Morten,

The Intel drivers for your 875 chipset must be loaded BEFORE you load
your ATI video drivers.

Also, ATI Tech support told me that the ATI Info program can say the
wrong speed (4X when it is at 8X). Use the SMARTGART tab display to see
what the speed is.

(right click on your desktop)
Desktop_Properties/Settings/Advanced/SmartGART

Have fun.