Is this bundle worth it?

Old July 13th 03, 01:23 PM
slumpy

Default Is this bundle worth it?

threw back my head and roared with laughter as *** HAWK continued:

Hi,
I am looking to buy a new bundle as my PC is in need of an upgrade, I
am
looking at this one below currently £185.35 inc VAT

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?a...4&GrpID=1&s=pl

Here is the spec: -
AMD Athlon XP2400+ 2.0 GHz 266 MHz bus Socket A (Thoroughbred)
processor

Win CPU-Fan Socket A/7/370/FCPGA FSP82, Max AMD XP 2700+

Crucial PC2700 DDR-DIMM 512MB CL2.5 6ns Unbuffered, Non-parity, 2.5V,
64Meg
x 64

MSI KT4V-L mainboard for Socket A Retail, KT400, ATA133, ATX, USB2.0,
AGP8X,
Sound

What you reckon?
Also.. what power supply would be needed for a spec like this, note
that I
currently use 2HDD's. Or is my current 300W PSU enough?
Thanks

Almost identical to mine...so here goes:

mobo and processor (inc heatsink and basic fan) - £125 (today at computer
fair)
memory - £40
fan - not sure, think about £8

So if I decided to stick with the fan supplied (runs OK at 55 degrees) I
could do the lot for £165 (plus £2 to get in), and probably get a discount
as I know the guy pretty well (got £88-worth today for £80 cash).
--
slumpy
no more

Old July 13th 03, 01:25 PM
Rich Strang

Try pricing the components separatley from online stores such as dabs, scan
etc. then you will be able to work it out for yourself.

--
Rich
---

"*** HAWK" wrote in message
Hi,
I am looking to buy a new bundle as my PC is in need of an upgrade, I am
looking at this one below currently £185.35 inc VAT

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?a...l=2&AvdID=1&Ca
tID=44&GrpID=1&s=pl

Old July 13th 03, 03:08 PM
Shep©

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:16:53 +0100, In this world we created "***
HAWK" wrote :

Hi,
I am looking to buy a new bundle as my PC is in need of an upgrade, I am
looking at this one below currently £185.35 inc VAT
http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?a...4&GrpID=1&s=pl

Here is the spec: -
AMD Athlon XP2400+ 2.0 GHz 266 MHz bus Socket A (Thoroughbred) processor

Win CPU-Fan Socket A/7/370/FCPGA FSP82, Max AMD XP 2700+

Crucial PC2700 DDR-DIMM 512MB CL2.5 6ns Unbuffered, Non-parity, 2.5V, 64Meg
x 64

MSI KT4V-L mainboard for Socket A Retail, KT400, ATA133, ATX, USB2.0, AGP8X,
Sound

What you reckon?
Also.. what power supply would be needed for a spec like this, note that I
currently use 2HDD's. Or is my current 300W PSU enough?
Thanks

This will give you an idea,
http://security.cclcomputers.co.uk/a...figurator.html

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old July 13th 03, 09:57 PM
YanquiDawg

Try pricing the components separatley from online stores such as dabs, scan
etc. then you will be able to work it out for yourself.

--

Don't forget to add freight,especially if you buy components from seperate
suppliers.