DVD drives and "last/previous track" button?

Old June 4th 04, 10:47 AM
Makberto

Default DVD drives and "last/previous track" button?

Dear Friends,

Greetings to all!

Just a simple question. As you know, some DVD drives for computers
include the "skip/next track" button plus other buttons such as stop,
eject, etc., as it is the case of all or most Lite-on drives (user
interface). My question is, is there any other computer drive(s) but
with a "last/previous track" button in addittion to the other buttons
already available?

Sincerely,

Carlos Albert Lacaye
makberto at anothermessage dot com
Old June 5th 04, 05:24 AM
Mike Richter

Makberto wrote:

Dear Friends,

Greetings to all!

Just a simple question. As you know, some DVD drives for computers
include the "skip/next track" button plus other buttons such as stop,
eject, etc., as it is the case of all or most Lite-on drives (user
interface). My question is, is there any other computer drive(s) but
with a "last/previous track" button in addittion to the other buttons
already available?

None that I know of. It's a software command and the players I know
offer it. I suppose one could rig up such a button with a chip or two if
one wished, but it's not part of the hardware I've seen for sale.

Incidentally, if they were to add that, they would probably feel that
other remote functions would be appropriate on the box as well: skip
back, speed selection, ...

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old June 8th 04, 08:08 AM
Makberto

Hello, Mike!

Mike Richter wrote in message ...
Makberto wrote:

Dear Friends,

Greetings to all!

Just a simple question. As you know, some DVD drives for computers
include the "skip/next track" button plus other buttons such as stop,
eject, etc., as it is the case of all or most Lite-on drives (user
interface). My question is, is there any other computer drive(s) but
with a "last/previous track" button in addittion to the other buttons
already available?

None that I know of. It's a software command and the players I know
offer it. I suppose one could rig up such a button with a chip or two if
one wished, but it's not part of the hardware I've seen for sale.

That's very interesting!

Incidentally, if they were to add that, they would probably feel that
other remote functions would be appropriate on the box as well: skip
back, speed selection, ...

Excellent point! Still, perhaps it is possible to press the "skip/next
track" button until reaching the desired track, even if it means going
the longest run, that is, if the desired track is right before the
current track. Regardless, I hope this tactic works for all tracks,
for in some cases it is not possible to go over the last track to
start the disc again.

On a related note, I found a drive with "volume up" and "volume down"
buttons as opposed to the round volume control. I wasn't familiar with
these type of volume buttons on drives.

Best regards,

Carlos Albert Lacayo

Mike