NERO problem - last track of music cd-r is silent

Old July 6th 03, 12:47 PM
Steve

Default NERO problem - last track of music cd-r is silent

I've been using NERO to copy and burn music cd-r's for about 6 months.
All went well (after a slow learning curve) until recently when the last
track of every cd I burn (using both NERO and NERO EXPRESS) is silent.
The "time" for the track is correct, but no sound is heard as it slowly
ticks off the seconds.

I first noticed this with a 2 disc set I burned on NERO EXPRESS. I
cleaned the lens with a cd-r cleaning disc, re-burned it with NERO, and
burned several other discs after that, with no problem. Now, EVERY
audio discs I rip, using either program, leaves off the audio sound for
the last track. I haven't changed/added any other programs on the
computer. The Sony cd burner/player plays OK.

Since NERO's help e-mail seems pretty time consuming and has a negative
reputation, I thought I'd post the question here first- since obviously
it's not the intial set-up that giving me problems, since I burned many
successful discs previous to this.

Thanks,

Steve

Old July 10th 03, 11:44 AM
MTB

Are you, by chance, using a 650mb disc burner to burn 700mb discs? This was
the cause of the problem that I had which is the same as yours (but in some
cases, parts of the track were audible.

"Steve" wrote in message
et...
[...]

This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
Sound Card Problem cracking noise, SB Live 5.1 Majestic Homebuilt PC's 1 December 24th 03 08:12 AM
Troubles with Nero 5.5.6.4 and Multisession Cd Roberto General 0 November 1st 03 09:08 PM
AMD Problem Sean General 9 September 17th 03 01:20 AM
Freezing, lock up, unresponsive problem. James General 5 September 5th 03 02:54 PM