computer freezes when booting

Old July 5th 03, 06:14 PM
Dan Chirica

Default computer freezes when booting

Hey guys,

I have WinBook XL with a Pentium 233MHz.

My problem is that this computer it seems to freeze when I start the
boot process. I thought that the hard drive is bad so I replace it. After I
changed the HD I tried to see if I can install win98, I managed to
boot from cdrom and format then new HD. But after this when I tried to boot
again and start the setup process it freezes. I notice that it freezes
somewhat randomly; once I got the A:\ prompt and then the computer stopped.
Other times it stops immediately after I start the setup process.

Any clues of what is wrong with my computer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan.

Old July 6th 03, 07:01 PM
Adrian

Maybe a RAM module is faulty? Or maybe the power supply is faulty? I know
both of those components can produce random hangs. The other component is
the CPU. What happens when you boot to MS-DOS? Does that work fine?

~ Adrian ~

Computer Problems JosephNicol General 8 October 5th 04 10:38 PM
Query on new computer aNdY_05 General 4 July 4th 03 02:55 AM
Real hardware problem this time - computer won't boot Cyde Weys General 5 July 4th 03 02:55 AM
New Computer Building Suggestions Yifei Chen General 5 June 30th 03 10:20 PM
BIOS Freezes Farinata General 1 June 25th 03 05:57 PM