Old PC Parts, Free to a Good Home

Old February 4th 04, 09:05 PM
David Williams

"Sooky Grumper" wrote in message
jeffc wrote:
"trudge" wrote in message

"Dave Navarro" wrote in message

This is my second wife.

How many women do you know who will put up with that? Methinks you
might be trying to steal her for yourself...

--Dave

ps. Besides, she's fun in bed. grin

Too much information g

Um, not enough!

jpegs please

mpegs please

Old February 5th 04, 10:36 AM
Dave Navarro

Default Old PC Parts, Free to a Good Home

My wife is making me get rid of my stash of old PC parts that have been
sitting in a closet for a year or more. Rather than toss them in the
trash, I'd like to find nice homes for them.

If you are interested in adopting an old computer part, please send
email to "sirbubbadawg" at "yahoo dot com". You will need to pay for
shipping and packaging, but there is no charge for the parts.

I would ask, however, that everyone who gives a part a new home put at
least a dollar in the "Ronald McDonald House" box at your local
McDonald's fast-food joint the next time you visit. My nephew has
Thalasemia Major and has been in the hospital for several operations
(bone marrow transplant and rib cage expansion among others) and the
Ronald McDonald House was there to offer a free place to stay and meals
for my brother and his wife during their ordeal.

To be fair, I will only give away one type of part to a person. So you
can't ask for all of the video cards or all of the motherboards, etc.
But I will let you have several parts if you need them.

I only put stuff in the closet that I knew worked. So everything should
still be working, but I'm not gauranteeing anything. Also, I do not
have manuals or driver disks for most of this stuff. So you'll have to
locate that stuff yourself.

Here's the list so far (I'll post more as I begin to pull everything out
of the closet):

Mitsumi D395M3 3.5" floppy drive pulled from HP (no faceplate)
NEC FD1231T 3.5" floppy drive pulled from Compaq (no faceplate)
Western Digital Caviar 2420 IDE Hard Drive (425.3 MB)
Pentium 1/AMD K6 CPU fan
Acer 24x IDE CDROM drive (white faceplate)
Sony CDU611-F3 CDROM drive (black faceplate)
Seagate ST3290A IDE Hard Drive (261.3 MB)
DFE-530TX+ PCI 10/100 NIC (I can't find drivers, or I'd use it)
Unknown 10/100 PCI NIC (ADMtek chipset)
US Robotics 0613 ISA Modem
SMC8416T-50 ISA 10Mbit Network Card (RJ45 connector)
ISA VGA Card (JA-8240A-V1) with Cirrus Logic GD5420 chipset
ISA 56K Modem (FCC ID: FELMR56PVS)
SMC EzCard10 ISA 10Mbit NIC
ASOUND AS004 3D-PnP ISA Sound Card
ASOUND AS007 3D-PnP ISA Sound Card
PT-607g IDE/Floppy Controller with Parallel and Serial
US Robotics 0461 ISA Modem
MAKO III ISA Sound Card
ISA VGA Card (FCC ID: IWLVGAADAPTERIVI)
ISA VGA Card (JA-8228C-V1) with Cirrus Logic GD5422 chipset
ISA VGA Card (JAX-CVGA541B) with Cirrus Logic GD5422 chipset
Cyrix 6x86MX-PR233 CPU

I'll pull the motherboards, keyboards, mice, serial/parallel switches,
and other parts out over the remainder of the week and post the list.

I will accept PayPal, money orders and personal checks for the shipping
costs. I will NOT ship COD and I may charge and extra dollar or two if
you're overseas since I gotta fill out tons of paperwork to ship
anything.

Everything goes to "first come first served".

--Dave

Old February 5th 04, 11:05 AM
trudge

Why not keep this junk and get rid of the wife? Must be time to upgrade if
she putting these unreasonable demands on you.

trudge

Old February 6th 04, 02:30 AM
zalzon

If you gots some 168 pin SDRAM (like 32 or 16 mb piece) I'm
interested.

Please keep me posted.

Tanks