Beep codes for Acer laptop plus more.

Old July 12th 05, 07:21 AM
HappyUser

Default Beep codes for Acer laptop plus more.

G;day,,
Thanks for dropping in.
My Acer 521iT has been a happy chappy for some years.
A while back our eX-cat ****ed on the keyboard.
Being a handy sort of chap I promptly stripped the keyboard down
and gave it all a clean and reassembled.
Not a small task for those who may consider trying it on a
Sunday arvo after a few beers!
Anyway..on startup the Space bar, the B and V keys will not work.
No problem I can get by without them :-)

Yeh?
Cat **** is better than human resolve, I tell you:-^

That was weeks ago.
Just a few days ago I notice 1 line of pixels gone.
Right where the toolbar icons sit in Autocad.
Today I have probably 20 lines missing in around the same area
Tell me this is the LCD accelerator that is shot or something, refresh me, I
forget.
What the Big Problem is now, I am getting a long continuous
monotone beep on boot before the BIOs screen boots.
I know that sound as a "keyboard error" from desktop setups.
Is it the same for Acer 520 series laptops?
Also where in Australia do you get these things replaced?
I bought this thing new from a friend in Indonesia, years ago.
I emailed the Aussie link when the keyboard first got
****ed on, never heard a word since. Surprise surprise:-/

I am very happy for my outlay of $400AUD buuuuuut the
little buddy is so handy and so very light and has all the
thingys one will ever need.
So I do not want to bury the little guy just yet.
I know these guys are clones of SE Asian manufacture so I am thinking maybe
someone somewhere has a contact in SE-A that I could ask for parts?
Or is my little buddy like me,, too young for the scrapheap but too old for the
fast lane?
Help!

Bernie Holsworthy
Old July 12th 05, 09:38 AM
HappyUser

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:51:42 +0930
I said in a previous post:

[...]

Sorry readers, it *was* a keyboard error.
I pulled the sucker out and give her a scrub with some Steel0®
and she come as "good as gold".
I again type happily with no rloody r key
(thats a B for the linguisticly challengedg)
Now my single problem is the degrading pixels display.
Any heads up to be had on that?
thanks

bernie