Liteon 52x burner only burns at 16x

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 22nd 03, 07:09 PM
Ric

Default Liteon 52x burner only burns at 16x

Hi,

I recently got a new Liteon 52x24x52x cd-rw drive and it initially worked
flawlessly. I'm currently on a spindle of 40x certified media, and the
drive, while refusing to burn at 48x or 52x, always burned at 40x. However,
suddenly I find that on the same media, it refuses to burn at anything above
16x. My other liteon burner, a 24x drive, has no problem burning 24x on this
media.

I'm not sure what's happened here. I did flash from the 6S0D firmware it
came with to the 6S0F. I'm not sure if the change in burn speed occurred
with the flash or not, but it's currently my best guess. However, after
managing to find a copy of the 6S0D firmware, it refuses to flash my drive
as it claims to be compatible only with liteon drives containing pre-6S0D
firmware installed.

Is there any way to downgrade my firmware? Is there any other explanation as
to why it suddenly doesn't like my 40x media?

Thanks,
Ric

Help with DVD Burner mark Homebuilt PC's 1 June 6th 04 06:26 PM
DVD Burner Cooked? mark Homebuilt PC's 0 June 4th 04 01:33 AM
Choosing 1st DVD burner - trouble picking Mitchua General 5 April 23rd 04 07:57 PM
Bad CD-R burns on LiteOn 52x.. Dan G Cdr 2 July 21st 03 04:15 PM
Is 400 CDR burns a reasonable lifetime for a CD Burner? Richard Dower Cdr 1 July 18th 03 07:34 PM