for the life of me....

Old April 5th 05, 02:37 PM
breezyyb

Default for the life of me....

I just cant figure this out!! I got a Packard Bell Multimedia J180 at a
garage sale and I cannot figure out how to get the cover off of the
tower...can anyone answer without making laughing too hard at me!!
thanks....

Old April 15th 05, 11:00 AM
Alan 'A.J.' Franzman

"breezyyb" wrote in message
lkaboutcomputing.com...
I just cant figure this out!! I got a Packard Bell Multimedia J180 at a
garage sale and I cannot figure out how to get the cover off of the
tower...can anyone answer without making laughing too hard at me!!

Well, you could start by telling us which case style it is, since that seems
to be a rare model not found in the usual places online... when the site comes
back up, check he
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...74/pbcase.html
(currently down due to excess traffic)

I'm in the process of migrating my old Windows installation from a PB
Multimedia L196 ("designer tower" case, looks like a normal mid-tower sitting
on a pizza box) into something only slightly more modern, a barebones system
built on an ASUS A7V400-MX mobo.

If this is your case style, here's how to open it (it can be quite difficult
if never/rarely opened):
1. remove 3 screws from back
2. slide outer shell backward about 1/2 inch until it stops - this may be very
stiff
3. lift shell upward.

For access to RAM slots, motherboard connectors/jumpers, lower PCI/ISA slots,
etc., continue thus:

4. raise front of case on something about an inch thick and solid, or hang the
front 2 inches or so over the edge of a table/desk
5. pull the 2 sides of the front gray plastic part of the "pizza box" forward
and downward from the top (the seam is obvious), this may also be very stiff
6. now you should see 2 screws that allow easy removal of the 2 long sides of
the "pizza box" for easier access within the lower part of the case. The
front panel can also be removed by another 2 screws at this point if desired.

--

Alan "A.J." Franzman

Email: a.j.franzman [ A T ] verizon [ D O T ] net

how can I capture a life sporting event with results? WindAndWaves Webcams 0 February 11th 05 01:17 PM
Half Life 2 on PIII 450 mhz and GeForce FX5200 Skybuck Flying Nvidia Videocards 23 November 24th 04 11:15 AM
Battery life Jofre Dell Computers 0 May 7th 04 02:46 PM
Half Life Issues?? LeeB18509 Ati Videocards 3 December 6th 03 05:23 AM