Anyone Make ATOM D510 Server With Four Slots?

Old November 27th 10, 04:36 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
W[_3_]

Default Anyone Make ATOM D510 Server With Four Slots?

I want to try using an ATOM D510 as a firewall and I need many network
segments. Does anyone make a D510 server with four slots, either PCI-X or
PCI-E?

Old December 24th 10, 06:35 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
W[_3_]

"W" wrote in message
I want to try using an ATOM D510 as a firewall and I need many network
segments. Does anyone make a D510 server with four slots, either PCI-X

or
PCI-E?

Maybe I was too ambitious here. Does anyone make an ATOM D510 server with
three slots, either PCI-X or PCI-E?

Old January 15th 11, 06:12 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Bill Davidsen

W wrote:
wrote in message
I want to try using an ATOM D510 as a firewall and I need many network
segments. Does anyone make a D510 server with four slots, either PCI-X

or
PCI-E?

Maybe I was too ambitious here. Does anyone make an ATOM D510 server with
three slots, either PCI-X or PCI-E?

Belatedly, people make cards with multiple NICs. That's how I did mine.
Old January 15th 11, 10:09 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
W[_3_]

"Bill Davidsen" wrote in message
W wrote:
wrote in message
I want to try using an ATOM D510 as a firewall and I need many network
segments. Does anyone make a D510 server with four slots, either

PCI-X
or
PCI-E?

Maybe I was too ambitious here. Does anyone make an ATOM D510 server

with
three slots, either PCI-X or PCI-E?

Belatedly, people make cards with multiple NICs. That's how I did mine.

There is a really nice PCI-X and PCI-E nic with six gige ports made by
Silicom. We use those on large company firewalls and get 24 segments in
four slots.

I'm looking for two such cards in an ATOM firewall, and I need the third
slot for an eSATA card to do backups to external disk.

Toms benches Atom against P4 Jim[_31_] Intel 3 August 11th 10 02:01 AM
Several ATOM links Bill Davidsen Intel 4 May 11th 10 09:58 PM
Intel D510 Atom cpu Zeppo Intel 6 May 7th 10 12:25 AM
HP Compaq Evo D510 SFF - Problems using Acronis True Image Server ***JB Compaq Computers 1 September 26th 04 12:26 PM
Does putting the memory sticks in the blue slots really make a difference? kirby Asus Motherboards 6 November 16th 03 06:51 PM